85.

June rolled around in no time. It was hard to believe the term was coming to an end. It was even harder to believe that it was almost the anniversary of my sister's death.

I glanced at the picture frame on my bedside table. Miranda frowned at the camera, while a younger me was grinning wildly.

"Do you miss her?" Hermione asked.

I turned over in my bed to see her looking at me with a sympathetic gaze.

"Every day," I said. "Every single day."

"I'm really sorry," she said kindly.

"It's alright," I replied, getting out of bed. "I know she's looking after me, wherever she is."

I stepped into the bathroom and tapped the ring Fred had given me.

Through the ring, Fred told me all about the joke shop. I informed him about Hogwarts, though things were settling down again, so there wasn't much to tell.

"Not much to tell. It feels odd, though." I said to the ring. "Something's off, I think. I'll update you more later."

My gut feeling only increased as the days went on. The sky seemed darker and the air seemed heavier.

The weather of war...

Harry became more curious about Malfoy as the days went on, but I didn't have too much interest in hearing about his crazy theories. I mostly sat by the window, waiting for time to pass. Waiting for the term to end. Waiting to be reunited with Fred once more.

***

I resided in my usual place by the window, watching the sun set. Ron and Hermione were sitting together on the couch. We were waiting for Harry to get back from his meeting with Dumbledore, which seemed to be taking an awfully long time.

Finally, Harry returned, racing past us.

"What does he want?" Hermione said at once.

"Harry, are you okay?" I added anxiously.

"I'm fine," said Harry shortly. He dashed up the stairs and I heard the door to his dormitory fly open. Moments later, he slammed it shut and sped back down the stairs and into the common room.

"I've got to be quick," Harry panted. "Dumbledore thinks I'm getting my Invisibility Cloak. Listen. . . ."

Quickly he told us he was going with Dumbledore to find and destroy a Horcrux. 

"So you see what this means?" Harry finished. "Dumbledore won't be here tonight, so Malfoy's going to have another clear shot at whatever he's up to. Here —" He shoved the Marauder's Map into my hands. "You've got to watch him and you've got to watch Snape too. Use anyone else who you can rustle up from the D.A., Hermione, those contact Galleons will still work, right? Dumbledore says he's put extra protection in the school, but if Snape's involved, he'll know what Dumbledore's protection is, and how to avoid it — but he won't be expecting you lot to be on the watch, will he?"

"Harry —" began Hermione fearfully.

"I haven't got time to argue," said Harry curtly. "Take this as well —"