107.

The Imperiused had come back to themselves,
Death Eaters were fleeing or else being captured, and Kingsley Shacklebolt had been named temporary Minister of Magic.

It was almost impossible to believe that this was all over. So many lives lost, so many people that wouldn't see this new world full of hope. Remus, Tonks, and my own sister.

I longed for Miranda to be here. Not a day went by where I didn't miss her. But her loss somehow brought our family close together. As I hugged my parents on the front steps of Hogwarts, I felt her presence with us. I hoped she would watch over me for many years to come.

Voldemort's body was moved to a seperate chamber off the Hall, away from the bodies of those who had fought against him. McGonagall had replaced the House tables, but nobody was sitting according to House anymore.

I sat with the Weasleys and my parents, all of whom were eating and chatting. The tragic loss of Lupin and Tonks still hung heavy in the air, but we knew they would have wanted us to celebrate in their honor.

"Has anyone seen Harry, Ron, and Hermione?" Mrs.Weasley asked suddenly.

Everyone shook their heads.

I looked around, but saw no sign of the three anywhere. However, a curious sight caught my eye.

In a corner, Narcissa Malfoy was talking to her son. The blonde girl stood by Malfoy's side, looking quite angry. Lucius was nowhere to be seen.

Just then, Fred grabbed my arm.

"Come with me." he said, leading me outside.

When we got to the front steps, he cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Look, El, I know we're still young—"

"Fred, you aren't proposing...Are you?" I asked hesitantly, eyeing the odd shape in his trouser pocket.

"No, no." he shook his head, then reached into the pocket and pulled out a small box. "Open it."

Inside lay a small, golden key.

"I bought us a house." Fred said, looking extremely nervous. "Just a few days ago, actually."

When I began to smile, his nervousness seemed to disappear. With a wide smirk on his face, Fred bent down on one knee.

"Will you, Elladora Black-Hart, move in with me?" he said dramatically.

"Absolutely," I nodded, and I bent down to kiss him.

Our lips met passionately, and he began to run his fingers through my hair. Our tongues connected, making my heart race with desire.

"Been wanting to do that all day," he said cheerily as our lips parted. "We should probably head back, eh?"

As we walked back through the entrance hall, our hands intertwined, my heart never felt more content.

"Fred?" I asked suddenly, a thought popping into my mind. "How did you manage to buy a house in the middle of a war?"

"Just you wait, El. Just wait."