95.

For weeks on end, I had horrible nightmares about the fate of my parents. They were either captured and tortured, or sent to Azkaban, or murdered by You-Know-Who himself.

Finally, I had enough. I was determined to find them myself. However, I knew Fred would protest my efforts, so I decided to take advantage of my alone time when the boys were going to the first Potterwatch broadcast.

"Remember, the password's Dearborn," Fred informed me. "It should air in about an hour, once we make sure the location is secure. Don't wait up, just in case we have to wait for Death Eaters to leave."

I nodded, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"See you soon, and be careful!" I said, watching them head out the door.

With a final wave, the twins Disapparated.

Before Muriel could spot me alone in the hall, I made a beeline for the back door. I wasn't even sure where I should Apparate to. Could they be at the old house?

I was sure we hadn't sold it, just left it behind when we moved to Grimmauld Place. Without a second thought, I closed my eyes and Disapparated.

Seconds later, I opened my eyes and looked around. My old home stood, looking quite abandoned. Vines covered the exterior, and extended over the windows and door. The yard was overgrown, with weeds all around. It barely resembled the home I once lived in.

Gripping my wand tightly, I muttered a quick Alohamora, then pushed open the front door.

"Lumos,"

Suddenly, it was like we never left. All the furniture remained in the same spots. A blanket lay on a chair, a mug on the coffee table. Everything was untouched.

Maybe they weren't here...

I ventured into the kitchen, where I found dirty plates in the sink and food in the pantry. I couldn't tell if the dishes were recently used or old.

Careful not to make any noise, I tiptoed up the stairs. Harry's room had been just as he left it. Peeking into my old room, I immediately knew something was off.

It was clean.

No clothes on the floor, no unmade beds, no makeup scattered all over the dresser. Mum had to have been here...

Thankfully, she had decided to leave Miranda's side of the room intact.

The only room left to check was my mother's. I was still hoping to find her in there, waiting for me eagerly. But I doubted it.

Pushing the door open, I saw nothing unusual. The bed was made, the wardrobe neat and tidy. No signs that anyone still lived here.

I stormed down the stairs, frustrated and confused. Where else could they have gone?

Suddenly, I heard a crack! as if someone had just Apparated outside. I ducked behind the couch, then peeked hesitantly out the window.

He looked similar to the last time I saw him. Black sweater, black blazer, black trousers. Always looking like he was on his way to a funeral. His blonde hair shimmered in the moonlight.

What the hell is Malfoy doing here?

I watched as he looked past the house, pacing slowly back and forth as if he was searching for something.