14.

Easter holidays came, but it was no break. Teachers were piling on work, and I was struggling to get it all done.

In between studying and homework, Ron and I worked constantly on Buckbeak's appeal. We each took turns reading volumes like The Handbook of Hippogriff Psychology and Fowl or Foul? A Study of Hippogriff Brutality.

The next morning, we all applauded the Gryffindor team as they entered the Great Hall. Everyone else looked ecstatic, but Miranda flashed everyone a glare and an obscene gesture before sitting down at the table.

"Okay team, lets go over plays—"

"Oliver, if you don't let me eat some breakfast, I'll take George's Beater's bat and knock you out." my sister snapped.

Wood looked shocked, but stayed silent for the remainder of breakfast.

We made our way to the Pitch after breakfast, and the match began.

"Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by— Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession," Lee was commentating once more.

"It's a miracle McGonagall still lets him commentate," I muttered to Ron.

"Come on, Angelina— nice swerve around Montague— duck, Angelina, that's a Bludger! —SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee shouted. Everyone cheered.

"OUCH!"

Angelina was nearly thrown from her broom as Marcus Flint smashed into her. Moments later, Fred chucked his Beater's club at the back of Flint's head.

"Atta boy, Freddie!" I heard Miranda yell.

Unfortunately, Madam Hooch disagreed, and called a penalty shot. But she also called one on Slytherin, so everything was still going smoothly.

Lee's commentating got more interesting as the match continued.

"Gryffindor in possession, no, Slytherin in possession— no!— Gryffindor back in possession and it's Katie Bell, Katie Bell for Gryffindor with the Quaffle, she's down the field— THAT WAS DELIBERATE!"

Montague, a Slytherin Chaser, swerved in front of Katie. Madam Hooch called a penalty shot, and Katie got it past the Slytherin Keeper.

"THIRTY-ZERO! TAKE THAT, YOU DIRTY, CHEATING—"

"Jordan, if you can't commentate in an unbiased way—!"

"I'm telling it like it is, Professor!"

Soon everything fell into chaos. Harry spotted the Snitch, and Malfoy trailed behind. But suddenly, Malfoy grabbed ahold of Harry's broom, and started pulling him back.

"You dirty cheat!" I screamed. Everyone in the stands was shouting at Malfoy now.

"YOU CHEATING SCUM!" Lee Jordan howled into the megaphone, dancing out of McGonagall's reach. "YOU FILTHY, CHEATING B—"

McGonagall didn't even bother telling him off, she was too busy shouting furiously at Malfoy herself.

Everyone got distracted once more when Harry dove toward the ground, Malfoy racing after him. We watched as Harry grasped the Snitch, and everyone screamed with joy.

"We've won the Cup! We've won the Cup!"

***

Everyone was in high spirits after winning the Quidditch Cup.  The only thing that brought us back to reality was exams, which were rapidly approaching. Even the twins had been studying, which was very shocking.