88.

My birthday party was spectacular, but the best present of all was passing my Apparition test.

"First try, too!" Mum was thrilled. "Well done, sweetie!"

It was a freeing feeling, being able to Apparate. I liked to do it in the house, just for fun, and to scare my parents while they were eating. But they were quick to put a stop to that.

One evening, I decided to read one of the many poetry books I had been gifted. I often felt guilty for letting them sit, unused, but I still didn't understand why Mum had given them to me. Poetry was never my thing.

But nevertheless, I decided to give it a try. I was about halfway through when I heard rustling out in the hall.

"Ella, dear, we'll be back soon!" Mum called from the other room.

"Wait—" I jumped off the couch and hurried out. "—Where are you going?"

Sirius and Mum looked anxiously at each other as they put on their cloaks.

"Just stay here," Mum said. "We'll be back before you go to bed."

"No, I'm not letting you go until you tell me!" I demanded. "What is it? Is it Harry?"

Sirius seemed to wince at the name. He sighed and turned to my mother.

"We can't keep this from her," he said gently.

"I will not lose another daughter." Mum said firmly.

"For Godric's sake— tell me!" I frowned.

"It's a long story," Sirius rubbed his temple. "Harry is protected by magical enchantments so the Death Eaters cannot harm him while he is at the Dursleys."

"Sirius..." Mum said warningly.

"When Harry becomes of age, those enchantments will break. He has to be moved to the Burrow. We're moving him tonight because no one will suspect it."

"I'm going then!" I said confidently.

"Absolutely not!" Mum countered. "I will not have you risking your life—"

"—Because you're not?!" I retorted. "You don't want to lose a daughter, and I don't want to lose my parents! I'm going!"

There was a moment of silence, but finally...

"Fine. Get your broom."

***

We dismounted from our brooms in the backyard of the Dursleys. Not far behind was Hagrid in his flying motorbike, and some others on Thestrals. Harry hurried out the back door as soon as he saw us. 

"All righ', Harry? Ready fer the off?" Hagrid said.

"Definitely," said Harry. "But I wasn't expecting this many of you!"

"Change of plan," growled Mad-Eye Moody. "Let's get undercover before we talk you through it."

Inside, I stood next to Fred and George. Fred put an arm around me as everyone congregated in the kitchen.

It certainly was crowded. Bill, Fleur, Ron, Hermione, and Mr. Weasley stood in one corner, Tonks and Lupin next to me, Kingsley, Mundungus Fletcher, and Hagrid in the other corner, and Mad-Eye and Harry in the middle. My mother and Sirius shuffled in next to Harry, and Sirius put an arm on Harry's shoulder.

"Hey, Guess what?" said Tonks, wiggling her left hand; a ring glittered there.

"You got married?" Harry exclaimed.