94.

I woke up the next morning with Fred's arm snaked around my waist.

"Goodmorning, love," he whispered in my ear.

"Morning," I grinned, rolling over to kiss him on the cheek.

He kissed me back, then climbed out of bed.

"What's the rush?"

"Got to get to King's Cross," Fred replied, putting on a nicer shirt. "Ginny's going off to Hogwarts. And no, you can't come, seeing as you're not going back to school. It's too suspicious."

"Fred, blimey, hurry up!" George's voice echoed from the hall.

"Don't open the door for anyone," he told me, leaning over to give me a kiss. "I'll be back soon."

After the boys left, I threw on one of Fred's shirts and some shorts before heading to the kitchen. 

I was hungry, but I couldn't find my wand anywhere. I knew how to cook the Muggle way— Mum had always preferred it— but I figured I had better go look for it anyway; being alone without a wand was risky business nowadays.

After searching the whole apartment with no luck, I traveled down to the shop. Maybe I had left it there without realizing?

Just as I was checking behind the counter on the first floor, the bell rang, telling me that the door to the shop had opened.

I froze.

Footsteps approached. Slowly, I peered above the register. A familiar blonde boy now stood in front of me.

"We're not open, Malfoy." I stood up, trying to hide my fear.

"I'm not interested in these stupid inventions," he frowned, pulling at the neck of his black sweater.

"Then why are you here?" I raised an eyebrow.

He looked around nervously. "Is there somewhere more...private?"

"Malfoy, what the hell are you talking abo—"

Before I could utter another word, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the nearest broom closet.

"What are you—"

"They're coming for you," he mumbled so quietly, I almost didn't hear him.

"Who's coming for me?" I questioned, my heart suddenly racing.

"They know you're not coming back to Hogwarts. They're going to track you down. Tonight." his expression was impossible to read, but his tone was urgent. "You have to go into hiding."

"How do they know? Are they searchi—"

"—Stop asking me all these bloody questions." he snapped, looking over his shoulder. "They just know. You should thank me for warning you."

"Why did you warn me?"

There was an uncomfortable silence. Then, he cleared his throat and turned around.

"You'll go into hiding if you know what's best for you."

And then he was gone.