13.

No one in Gryffindor Tower slept. The castle was searched once again, and we all stayed awake in the common room, waiting to hear whether Black had been caught.

"Wish I had gotten to him," Miranda said. "I could've practiced some new curses I learned."

"He's a mass murderer, Miranda! He would kill you instantly!" I said.

"Yeah right," she laughed. "I'd like to see him try!"

"What goes on in her mind is beyond me," I told Hermione quietly.

At dawn Professor McGonagall came to tell us Black had escaped once more.

Security was increased greatly after that. The only good thing to come out of the incident was that Sir Cadogan had been fired, and the Fat Lady returned. She had been restored, but demanded extra protection. A bunch of security trolls were hired to guard her.

***

"Hogsmeade, next weekend!" said Ron as we sat in the common room one evening. He whispered something to Harry, and Hermione suddenly shut her book.

"Harry! If you go into Hogsmeade again...I'll tell Professor McGonagall about the map!" she said.

"What? Hogsmeade? And what map?" I asked.

"It's a map of Hogwarts," Harry said. "Fred and George gave it to me. I've been using it to sneak into Hogsmeade."

"And you didn't invite me?" I exclaimed, trying to keep my hair purple.

"Well— I—"

"Thanks a lot!" I grunted, standing up. I stormed out of the portrait hole and found myself in the Clock Tower a couple minutes later.

"What's with the red hair?" I knew it was Fred immediately.

"You gave Harry a map." I said simply.

"Oh, you found out."

"Of course I did! Now why wouldn't you give it to me?!" I said angrily.

"Harry needed it more! Why bother giving it to you when we can just take you to Hogsmeade ourselves!" Fred said.

"What?"

"Ella, your a metamorphmagus! Just change your appearance and we'll go!"

So Saturday morning, I waited excitedly to meet Fred and George in the common room. But instead of walking to meet the other students going to Hogsmeade, we went to the statue of the one-eyed witch.

"Dissendium!" Fred tapped his wand and suddenly a large passageway opened up.

"After you, my lady," George said. We walked for a long time before reaching the end. Fred went first, then helped us come up when the coast was clear.

"Where are we?"

"Honeydukes cellar," Fred whispered. "Now hurry, before someone finds us here." We hurried up the staircase and I was amazed as we entered the actual shop.