80.

I woke up to find a bulging stocking lying over the end of my bed. I looked over to see Ginny was already tearing through hers.

"Happy Christmas, Ella!" she said cheerily.

"Happy Christmas!" I replied, carefully dumping the contents of my stocking onto my blanket. I got a Chocolate Frog from Ron, Chocoballs from Harry, and some fudge from Mrs. Weasley.

Once we finished off the stockings, Ginny and I raced down the stairs to look at the gifts under the tree.

"Morning, girls!" Mrs. Weasley grinned. "Happy Christmas!"

"Yeah, yeah, let's get to the presents!" Ginny said, heading towards the tree.

"I'm afraid you two are the first ones up," Mrs. Weasley said from the kitchen. "You'll have to wait a while longer."

"EVERYONE WAKE UP!" Ginny yelled. "IF I HAVE TO WAIT ANY LONGER, I'LL START CURSING EVERY ONE OF YOU!"

It didn't take long for everyone to gather in the sitting room after that.

***

We finished opening gifts fairly quickly. Fred ended up loving my scrapbook, just as Ginny said.

"This is the best present ever." he smiled. "I hope mine is just as good."

I took the box from his hand and tore off the paper. Inside, there was a gorgeous silver ring with a pink diamond.

"Fred," I gasped. "Fred I can't marry you, I'm only sixteen—"

"Hart, relax!" Fred cut me off. "I'm not asking you to marry me. It's an updated version of the ring I gave you a while ago."

"Oh..." I glanced at my finger and noticed the resemblance between the two.

"Go on, press the diamond." he urged me. I did, and suddenly, Fred's voice echoed throughout the room.

"I love you, Ella Hart." it said.

"That's amazing!" I grinned.

"They're called Danger Diamonds. With the war and everything...it's a good way to make sure you're ok. To make sure you're not in danger."

I felt my eyes welling up. Everything felt so grim and scary now, even Fred was worried.

"I'm not going anywhere." I assured him. "I'll be safe."

He opened his mouth to reply, but was interrupted by a shout from the other side of the house.

"Ella! Fred! Time for lunch!" Mrs. Weasley called.

"We'd better go," I kissed Fred on the cheek and hurried over to the table.

Everybody was wearing new sweaters when we all sat down for Christmas lunch, everyone except Fleur.

"Mum still hasn't warmed up to her," Fred whispered to me.

"No kidding," I muttered.

"Gravy, Fleur?" Ron asked, knocking the gravy boat flying as he leaned over.

"You are as bad as zat Tonks," said Fleur to Ron. "She is always knocking — "