Chapter 1

Gulf POV

I was busy studying all the reports that my staff gave to me this morning. I've been going thru all of this, and it's already near evening, but I'm still not finished. It's about the potential client that my accounting firm is eyeing for how many months now.

They are one of the biggest hotel companies all over Thailand. Kirigun Hotels, my dad already had a meeting with its owner, but it seems that they haven't had an agreement yet.

The owner is still waiting for his son to manage this. What the hell, right?? How can someone do business like this that he has to wait for his son's decision?

Can't he decide for himself?? I don't understand him but what can I do. We are the one who is pursuing them. We don't have a choice but to endure all of their demands, or else we will lose them.

We can't take any loss right now. Our company is suffering so many set back ever since my dad was diagnosed with cancer. That is why here I am indulging myself with all of this company problem

To tell you the truth! I don't have a life anymore. I've turned my life upside down to take care of my father and our company. Before, I had the most carefree and happy life.

I am Gulf Maxwell Traipipatanapung, 24 years old. Son of Max and Jewel Traipipatanapung. I was born with a silver spoon, but my parents never spoiled me.

My father always taught me to be thankful for everything that I have. He taught me always to be hardworking. My parent owns a well known Accounting firm "The Max and Jewel Accounting firm"

My dad and mom are both Accounting Major. They establish the company from the ground up. They both did not grow up as rich as we are right now because of their dedication and love for their passion. They were able to build our company and became well known.

According to my mother's best friend, Auntie Liz, mother of Mild, my best friend, my mother's death was well known to the accounting industry.

They know how good my mother is when it comes to business. My father was so devastated about it. He is still mourning her death that even after so many years, he didn't attempt to find love again.

He will always say that his focus is on our company and me now. He doesn't have any time for anything. But I know it's not true.

He can't move on yet with the death of my mother. I can barely remember her face, but I feel like she is still here with us. Every day my father will tell me stories about her, and by the end of it. I will see him cry.

Every day he cries. It made me fear the concept of Love. I don't think I can love the way my father did for my mother and if I did. I'm afraid that I will be just like him if ever I lost that love. I don't think I can survive that. I'm very anxious about it.

I don't think I can handle loving someone so much that I will be hurt if I lose that love. I'd rather stay alone than be like that.

My father is my hero. He guided me all my life. I don't have any big responsibility like this not until now. My father always supports me. He doesn't oblige me to do business. He always wants me to be happy, just like what my mother wants me to do.

I don't have any siblings. My mother died when I was a kid, so it's just us. My Father and I, but I never felt alone. My father did his best to make sure that I was happy and safe.

But now that he is sick. It's my turn to take care of him. It's my turn now to take care of his well-being. I don't want to fail and suck at this. I know I'm drowning with every aspect of it, especially right now, that I'm still learning all the things that I need to learn to manage our company, but I'm trying to do my best to fulfill it. My dad is guiding me as long as he can.

And I'm not planning to disappoint him. I can't!! I don't want to.

I was busy reading all of this document when someone entered my office

"Sir Gulf, Someone is looking for you. He said he is." my secretary is speaking, but she was interrupted when someone bugles into my office behind her.

" Haluuu Maxwell!!!!! How are you!! Long time no see!!!!!!!!" Mild exclaimed as he enters my room. I was surprised when I saw that it is my best friend. I haven't seen him for a while!! He was finishing his master's degree in the US. I didn't know he came back already!!

"Oh my God!! Mild!! You here!!!" I exclaimed as I stand from my swivel chair. I run into him and hug him excitedly.

I so miss this man. We've been best friends for seem like forever. We know all about each other.
From our secrets to how to make us happy to what are the thing that can make us sad

"I miss you so much!! Why didn't you tell me that you are going to be home today!! I should have fetched you from the airport!!" I said to him as I pulled myself out from our hug

"Nonsense!! You didn't have to, and besides, how can I surprise you if I tell you when I will be coming home? Haha, I miss you so much, Maxwell!! Gosh!! You look so professional!! So far, from Maxwell, who is so happy to go lucky before. You look mature now!!" He smilingly said to me.

"Hahaha, I know, right!!" I said to him

I guided him to sit on my sofa. We sit together, not removing our eyes from each other. I missed his presence!!

"Denise, Can you order something for us. You can decide on your own what it is. You know my preference, right??" I said to my secretary.

"Yes, Sir! Okay, Sir, I will go down to order you something, then I will come back." She smilingly said

"Thank you!" I answered her back. Then she proceeds on going out of my office

"Gosh! Max!! You've change!! I still can't believe I see what I see now. You look so professional. I thought first that you would never agree about managing your company because I know how much you hate responsibility!! But look at you now!! You look mature and business-ready!! I'm so proud of you, my friend!!" He smilingly said to me

"I don't have a choice, Mild. My dad needs me. You know how much I love my dad and how much I owe him. I can't abandon him, especially now that he needs me the most. I need to step up and lessen his burden. He doesn't want it at first cause he wants me to continue enjoying my life, but how can I do that when I know he is suffering. I can't do that. I can't just ignore him!!" I said to mild. He held my hand, trying to comfort me. He smiled at me, so I smiled back at him

"I know, Max! Of all people, of course, I can understand what you must have been feeling right now!! That is why I'm here!! I finished my studies na. I can help you manage your business. My mom and dad gave me the signal to invest and work in your company. We can be partners. You as the go-to person in terms of Accounting, me in terms of business management." He smilingly said to me

"Omg!! Really!! I would love to!! You know how much I want us to be partners, not just being best friends but also in business!! You're like my twin or something. Our lives are so correlated already." I excitedly said to him

"I know, right!! So it's final!! I will invest in your company so we can be partners. I miss being with you always."

"Me too!!" I happily said to him. I was about to hug him, but he stopped me

" but in one condition." He said to me.

I looked at him confusedly.

"And what is it??" I asked him, confused

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"You have to come with me to an island!!" He happily said to me

"What??"

To be continued

A/N

Light start, what do you think of this. We will soon meet our surfer!! Are you excited??

Comment and Vote are so welcome

Waanjai MJORA