DINNER DATE

S T E V I E P O V

I was curled on the sofa hugging a cushion, as stared at Shaw, plus a team of stylists that just arrived. My head shook in protest, not wanting any fuss, but Shaw's pleading added to the aggravation. "Stevie, come on, it's just a dinner date," I profusely shake my head at him, clenching the cushion with my life.

He steps forward, takes the cushion, pulls me to my feet, and pushes me into the team of women. "I'm so mad at you right now." I said, making a face at him, and all he does is laugh while heading into the kitchen with the rest of the guys.

How do I keep getting myself into situations that are quite out of my control and I can't back out of?

The guys in the kitchen were whispering and laughing, so I yell out, "I can hear you!" and that gets their attention.

They enter the lounge, grinning like they're having a blast at my expense. "I swear, after tonight, I'm gonna go on strike." They couldn't stop laughing. Sit back, take a deep breath, and let the stylists do their job.

I'm not a fan of all the fussing over my hair and trying on these dresses that Dominic so kindly picked out for me.

The last time I got invited to dinner, it was a total disaster, and I promised myself I'd never go through that again.

The guys vanished, leaving me stuck with people I don't know or like, who are manhandling me.

I couldn't grasp the reason behind needing stylists to prepare me for a dinner date with a man who clearly expects everything to go according to his wishes.

The moment I stood before the mirror, I couldn't resist gazing at my own reflection, taking a moment to admire myself. However, as I continued to look, I couldn't help but shake my head in disappointment, as I noticed how different I appeared and how unhappy I felt about it.

Glanced at my feet in fucking heels, I can't even stand in, let alone walk in them. I just know he'll abandon me by the end of the night.

***

As I entered the lounge, I nearly lost my balance and almost found myself sprawled on the floor because of the high heels I was wearing. The guys, completely taken aback, stood motionless, their mouths wide open, not uttering a single word or even cracking a smile.

As the doorbell chimes, everyone in the room turns their attention towards the door and then back to me, maintaining complete silence. I slipped the shoes off my feet, as I wanted to be able to walk without the risk of falling on my face.

I opened the door and saw the bodyguard who escorted me to the corner shop last night.

He steps back, waiting for me to come out, and then directs me to the car. The driver opens the door and I take a deep breath before getting in the back, but not without glancing back at the flat.

As the cold leather touched my bare skin on my thighs, an instant chill ran down my spine, cooling me down. I bend to slip the shoes on and the car pulls away. "Mr Davenport will meet shortly," The bodyguards informs, I just nod.

Watched out the window as the car drove out of town towards the airport. I shut my eyes for a second and covered my face with my hands, hoping this was all just a bad dream, but it's not.

I raised my head as the car drove onto the tarmac, where there's a generous jet and a couple of bodyguards.

The pounding of my heart is so intense that I am afraid it might burst through my ribs at any moment.