A STEP FORWARD

S T E V I E  P O V

With what Mylean has done, it put me on edge, and my body is trembling from the inside out, and I can't stop it.

It's been three days since the incident, and the police are involved. They asked me a few questions. 

But I knew nothing and couldn't tell them anything.

Grab my mobile from the table to ring mum, "Stevie, are you all right?" She asks. "Yes, mum, I'm fine, just a little on edge with what Mylean did. I wanted to know if you wanted to meet up for coffee so we could discuss the wedding?" "Stevie, you know I do, and we will have some girl time. I will come to you with all the magazines I can get my hands on, see you in a little while." We end the call.

Placed the mobile on the table and stepped to the window to gaze out at the blue sky. 

Not a cloud in sight, and we are barely in summer, and already the weather is nice, and I'm cooped up in here. 

Turn to discover Sunny stood by the door, "Sunny, what time is the assistant meant to be here?" I asked, and he looks over at me. "She is late, Stevie. Mr Davenport will not tolerate her being late." "Okay, I will contact him just to let him know. Please sit, you make me feel uncomfortable when you stand all the time." I said, and he nods.

Gazed at the mobile as I grabbed it from the table to ring Dominic, "Stevie, I'm just about to head into a meeting," He said. "The assistant isn't here, and I invited mum over to talk about the wedding," I said as I gazed out the window. 

Could hear a feminine voice talking to him in the background, "Well, she's fired before she even begins," He said sighing loudly, but he sounded stressed. "Dominic, I'm sorry I shouldn't have called you. You are busy," Ended the call and sauntered up the stairs to the room. 

Should have known how busy he is with meetings and office work. 

Stepped into the bathroom, stared at myself in the mirror shaking my head. What the hell is wrong with me?

Damped my face wiped and made my way back down the stairs towards the kitchen to get a coffee and wait for mum.

Sit on the sofa when the doorbell chimes, and Sunny is on his guard when he steps close to the door to open it. 

Didn't move from the sofa, but could see a young girl stood there. "You need to contact Mr Davenport, and he will advise you of his actions," Sunny said to her. It must be the assistant, but she looks young. She nods and walks away. 

Sunny closes the door and steps into the kitchen to grab a coffee. 

Laid on the sofa when mum arrives, "Stevie, come on, we are getting you outta here for a couple of hours to look at wedding dresses." She is smiling and pulls me from the sofa to my feet.

*********** 

We enter one bridal shop and look at the dresses. "Stevie, this is to give you some idea of what you want, but we have a designer who is going to make your dress," She informs me. 

My eyes are wide open with a surprised expression, and my mouth is agape with shock. 

A designer is going to make my dress is slightly eccentric, and way out of my league I'm in over my head and I'm drowning.

Smiled and glanced at a few dresses, but nothing literally jumped out or even made me have a tear to my eye. 

Mum was enjoying herself and smiling the entire time. "We have other bridal shops to visit," She said as she puts her arm around mine and we head to the next.