NEW ASSISTANT

D O M I N I C  P O V

It's been a few days since we married, and I'm in the office interviewing for an assistant for Stevie.

Have not found one suitable for her yet, but I still have a few to interview. "Miss Bell, send in the next candidate," I said to my assistant, and she nods.

Glanced towards the door to see a young girl step into my office, she looks the same age as Stevie. "I'm Mr Davenport, please take a seat," Gesture to the chair with a smile and peered across the desk at her.

Scanned over the application in front of me, before glancing towards her and noticing she couldn't take her eyes from me.

I'm done with women throwing themselves at me, and I'm married to a beautiful woman. "I'm sorry, but I will not be able to offer the position. You have no prior experience and my fiance needs a competent assistant," She stands and shakes my hand leaves.

Rested in my seat as the next girl stepped in, and I introduced myself as I gestured to the seat across from me. "I read on your application you were an assistant for two years," She nods with a smile. "Yes, to Mr Hanson, but he moved his business abroad," She answers.

She is older than Stevie by two years and could fit the position with the experience she's already had. "Miss Rossi, this position is for an assistant for my fiance," I said as I glanced at her for a reaction and she nods. "I'm offering you the position. I will give you a three-month trial," She smiles and I stand to shake her hand.

Glanced over at the bodyguard and nod, "Mike, will accompany you to the penthouse so you can meet Stevie," "Thank you, Mr Davenport," She said and leaves with the bodyguard.

Please, I have sorted an assistant out for Stevie to help her with the schedule and to make sure she is on time.

Grab my mobile from my desk to ring Stevie and let her know what is going on. "Dominic," "Stevie, I've sent an assistant over to meet you. She's on her way with Mike," She sighs, "Why are you insisting I have an assistant? I can manage without," She is not happy. "You need one to help with the schedule. Stevie, you can't be late for any of the meetings, and she'll schedule all the wedding appointments into your diary." I said, trying to reassure her.

Could hear her take a deep breath before she answered me, "Dominic, you are so demanding at times." She made me laugh. "Eve, I love you, baby," I'm grovelling just a little. "I'll meet her, but it doesn't mean I will like her," "Just give her a chance please," I said as I stare at the file on the desk.

She pauses for a few seconds, "Dominic, I'll see you when you get home. I love you." My heart always flutters when she tells me she loves me. "Love you," We end the call and I get back to the work.

******

On my way home from attending a late meeting and trying to call Stevie, but she's not answering, and it's a little concerning.

Get Sunny's number up and call him, "Mr Davenport," "Stevie's not answering her phone," I said. "She informed me she was taking a bath and did not want to be disturbed," Sunny said, making me smirk. "Okay, I'm on my way home," Ended the call placed my mobile in my pocket.

Wonder how she got on with the assistant? Stevie never called to say how it went or if she liked her.

The car pulled into the underground of the building where the penthouse is, and the driver opened the door.

Grabbed the files from the seat as I swing my legs out to stand, and I became face to face with Mylean.

Shake my head, she is unbelievable, and I'm furious that she is even here, "What the fuck are you doing here?" I said through gritted teeth as I step closer to the elevator. "Dominic, why are you acting so cold towards me?" Stopped to turn and look at her. My bodyguards are watching, waiting for me to nod.