THE EX

S T E V I E  P O V

I'm just a little peeved with the questions Mylean is asking, and it's like she's trying to catch me out about something. 

The thing is, I'm just a simple girl wanting to get on with her life without all the goddamn drama which makes me happy.

Laid in bed, not wanting to get up because I'm trying to keep away from Mylean and Dominic. To be honest, they are well suited for each other, and they know so much about each other throwing insults. 

Rolled to my side, placing the pillow over my head while listening to them argue about her being here. 

It makes no odds to me if she's here or not. I would rather leave and return home to my friends, but Dominic is showing his annoyance and pleading me to stay.

Bury my face deep into the pillow when there's a knock at the door, "Go away," I shout, hoping they would leave me alone. "Stevie, I will meet you for lunch," Dominic said from the other side of the door. "Whatever," I said sarcastically, raise my head to glance at the door. "There is a cook in the kitchen when you are ready to have breakfast," He adds before it went silent.

Pulled the duvet over my head and closed my eyes wanting more sleep, but his Ex doesn't let me with her mouth motoring. 

She is on the phone talking loud in the next room. "I arrived yesterday, and the meeting is set up for this afternoon," Mylean said to whoever she is talking to. 

That's it, I slip out of bed, step into the bathroom, have a shower, brushed my teeth, and dressed in jeans and a blouse with my trainers. 

Never been the one for heels because my legs are long and I'm five-ten taller than most girls.

Grab my bag, stepped out of my room into the lounge to notice Mylean sitting on the sofa with paperwork on her lap. "Stevie, it's delightful you are up and a little late. I'm surprised Dominic lets you sleep in," Her voice is getting under my skin. "Well, I normally sleep during the day because I work nights." She sits straight, placing the file beside her.

Walk towards the kitchen to get a coffee before leaving this place to be out of the way of her. "I'm just a little confused to why you are here if you and Dominic are not dating?" She asks, folding her arms and trying to push her tits up to make them look bigger in her tight blouse. 

Smiled, take a sip of the coffee and sit before opening my mouth, "He demanded I come simply, so he could clear his conscience." She smirks shaking her head. "No, Dominic just doesn't demand for no reason, he's always got a reason behind what he does," She said, making me think.

But I already told him I don't want to date, "Well, it's a blessing you're here," I said, trying not to sound bitchy, but it did. 

She steps into the lounge, grabs the file and reads it as she paced the room. 

Finished the coffee, placed the cup in the dishwasher, smiled at the cook and left. 

Stepped to the door to open, and Mylean speaks. "If you wait one minute, I will join you and we could do a little shopping together," Turn to face her with a smile and nod. 

I'm not doing any shopping because I don't have the money after paying for all the mishaps yesterday. I could ring Shaw and ask if he could lend me a couple hundred until I get paid.

But my wage won't be much because Dominic demanded I come, shake my head, grab my phone to send a text to Shaw. "Shaw, I'm out of funds, could you please loan, will pay you back next payday?" Shaw's normally good, and lets me have what he can, and I always pay it back.