UNWANTED CALLS

D O M I N I C  P O V

My mobile's been ringing all morning with the tabloids and different TV channels, asking me if they could make a reality show to do with the wedding.

Furious with them contacting me and even having the nerve to ask. All they want to do is to be nosey and get a story to print for their readers.

Rubbed my face as I rested back on the sofa when Stevie caught my eye, "Stevie, just be careful when you are out and about. I've been inundated with phone calls from the media asking to do a story on the wedding." She stops to stare at me, shaking her head as she places her bag on the table.

Gazed at the ceiling as I tilted my head, "Dominic, are you telling me I can't go out the door?" She sounded upset. "No, I'm just saying for you to be careful what you are doing and keep a watchful eye," I said, standing to grab my mobile from the table as it buzzes with a call. 

Stevie grabs her bag and glances at her assistant, "We should leave, I don't have enough hours in the day as it is." Stevie said sarcastically as I answer the mobile, which makes me stare at her.

We are locked in a stare with my mobile still ringing, "Stevie, baby." She steps towards the door and leaves, not saying another word to me. 

Combed my fingers through my hair, staring at the opened door, knowing Stevie is not pleased with me.

Answer the mobile as I watched the bodyguards follow her and close the door. "Yes," I said, waiting for someone to talk, but I get nothing for a few seconds. "Mr Davenport, this is channel-Five-Live, we would like to speak to you about your upcoming wedding." Take a deep breath, "I'm not interested. We are not selling the rights to our wedding," Ended the call and placed my mobile on the table.

This is getting too much, with them constantly ringing me and asking for the rights to air the wedding. 

Our wedding is not for sale for the TV or for the papers and magazines. Just wish they would stop with the persistent phone calls and leave us alone so we can have privacy to plan our wedding.

Poured myself a generous stiff drink when the doorbell chimes, and I answered to discover Tyrone, "Dominic," He said and enters. "Tyrone, why on earth are you here?" Curious why he just showed up. "Dad's on his way over with mum to go over a few things," He said as he poured himself a stiff drink.

Sit on the sofa with my mobile ringing, and he glances at me, "Are you not going to answer it?" "Nope, it's the goddamn media asking for the rights of the wedding." I spit, glancing at the mobile just to make sure it's no one I know. 

He shakes his head, places his glass on the table, and grabs my mobile. "The wedding is not for sale and stop calling," He said and we laugh. He places the mobile on the table, grabs his glass to finish his drink. "Tyrone, it's been non-stop unwanted calls," I said, and he shakes his head.

He stands and grabs the brandy bottle to fill our glasses. "Dominic, I know you and Stevie are already married, but the shit will hit the fan on the day. And you, my dear brother, will cause a fucking storm," We laughed, clinking our glasses together. "Where is the wife?" He asked, taking a mouthful of brandy staring at me for a response.

Glanced over to the door and back at him, "Stevie, had things to do, and she meeting up with Shaw, her old roomie," "Old roomie. You mean the guys she lived with?" Nod as I stared at my half-empty glass. "Dominic, you must trust her to let her be alone with a few guys," "Tyrone, they're not like that. They treat Stevie like their younger sister," I said, staring at him as he shrugs his shoulders.

*****       

Mum and dad show up a short while later to go over a few wedding details with me. "Don't forget the cake tasting at two," My mother said, and I glanced at my watch. Fuck, I forgot about it, and Stevie must be there waiting for us.