THE MEDIA

S T E V I E P O V

Leave the same time as Dominic was not a good idea when the paparazzi are everywhere. They hide behind every corner, waiting to get that perfect photo for their front page and speculate the headline. 

He slides into a car with seven bodyguards following, and I slide into the other with Sunny, who is my appointed bodyguard to protect me.  

The car heads into town where I'm going to enjoy myself doing a little shopping and meeting with Dominic for lunch. 

Gazed out the window, taking in the sights as we drove towards the town, and all I keep thinking is wow, it's beautiful with its old buildings. The closer the town gets, the taller the building gets, but it still seems amazing.

Watched Dominic's car carry on while we turned to head in another direction, travelling just a few minutes more before parking and the driver getting the door. 

Step onto the pathway, glancing around at the surroundings to notice little bistros lining the street. 

The aroma of coffee filled the air along with sweet cinnamon teasing the senses in my nose, which intrigued me to notice a pastry shop filled with fabulous looking cakes. 

Smiled as I walked around, barely taking in all I could discover. Perhaps Dominic demanding me to come was the best thing, but time will tell. 

Yep, I was infuriated with him demanding I fly two hours, so he could have peace of mind from a phone conversation.

It made me laugh, and the curious side of me wanted to know why the hell he was fussing over the phone call. 

Just wish I knew what sort of game he's playing and why he's so interested in me? My god, he's the first-ever guy to even take interest and actually take me to dinner.

 All the other times were with my roomies, and we would sit in a fast-food establishment, and I still would cause mayhem.

Stepped into a small boutique looking at all the beautiful things, from toe rings to silk scarfs. Peered over my shoulder to see Sunny scanning the people. "I don't understand why he wants you to watch over me?" I said, and all he does is shrugs his shoulders. Shake my head and strolled to the next shop.

Stood in one of the many little streets gazing at the small church with its colourful mosaics. "That's beautiful," I said out loud, and step closer to observe the detail. 

Gazed at the bell tower with a small bronze bell ringing, and the doors open to witness the bride and groom. 

Stepped to the side, just like all the other tourists watching in amazement, taking in how happy they looked. 

The bride looked beautiful in an old-fashioned laced dress with a flower headpiece. 

*********

Make my way back to the main street to get a few gifts when we are bombarded with cameras. Sunny is pushing his way through, holding my arm close to him as we head to the car. "There are too many," He said and we enter a shop where he gets his phone to call someone. 

Peered out the window as I step back and stumble, knocking over a display of glass, and what a noise it made. 

Shake my head with embarrassment to observe people with cameras staring in the window, taking pictures of me and what I did. 

The people in the shop just stare at us, wondering what on earth is going on, and I'm thinking the same? 

But with all the chaos happening, I lose sight of Sunny and get surrounded by a few people with cameras.