PAID IN FULL

D O M I N I C  P O V

I didn't return to the penthouse after leaving Shaw's hearing what he said. I'm on my way to her parents to have an amiable chat about how they treat Stevie.

It might not be the wisest move to make, but she's my wife, and I love her. And no way am I going to stand back and let her parents take from her.

And when I'm done with them, Mylean will be having a wake-up call too. It's about time I shake these people up and show them how aggressive I can be when it comes to Stevie being hurt.

Just hope Stevie will sit down later and talk this out, getting it all out on the table. And she will not fight me about money. 

She can work, but I'm not standing back or signing the nuptials when it means I can't give her gifts or anything.

We are married, and that's that. She's going to have to live with it, and let me spoil her.

Driving through the town Stevie grew up in is not much to observe, but this is Stevie's past. I will protect my wife at whatever it costs. 

The car pulls to the side of the road where her father works, and I step out, doing up my buttons on my jacket.

My bodyguards line the path as I walk towards the door where a couple of guys stare at me, "Can I help you?" One guy said. "I'm looking for Kevin," I said as I scan around. "I'll get the boss." He informs me and strolls away into where there are two cars up on ramps.

I'm still full of rage, but I have to try and keep my cool. Glance towards the opening when he appears, "I thought I would never lay eyes on you again after the way you disrespected me and my wife." He spits as he wipes his hands. "This isn't a social visit," I bite back and he grunts. "Have you come here to tell me you knocked Stevie up?" He is really getting under my skin.

Shake my head, "You really don't think highly of your daughter?" I hiss with sarcasm. "Stevie, had a good upbringing. Better than most, so don't go sticking your toffee nose where it doesn't belong," My god, this guy really doesn't have a kind word. 

My fist is ready to knock him out, "I came here to protect my wife." He glares at me with the whites of his eyes, "So she disobeyed us, and married you?" He said shaking his head and throwing the dirty cloth on the desk. "Yes, we married, but that's not why I'm here." He slides his hands in his oily jeans, shaking his head.

Nod to one of my bodyguards who steps forward, "I've come here to pay Stevie's debt that you make her pay. Do you honestly think I wouldn't find out?" He shrugs his shoulders. "Stevie is a failure, and you will find that out soon enough." He spits and I'm ready to grab him, but I step back taking a deep breath. 

Slide one hand in my pocket before opening my mouth, "I know you paid for fertility to have Stevie, so what I'm offering you is half a million to keep away from her." He rubs his face, and I can see he's thinking about it. 

This guy is the one who wants money, not Stevie. "It's tempting, but it still doesn't compensate for all the pain we went through." He adds.

He must think I was born yesterday. I fucking eat people like him in meetings, so I came prepared with an offer he can't refuse. "Kevin, how the hell do you think I make my money? I'm not stupid when it comes to negotiating. And I'm offering you two million cash to stay out of your daughter's life, and I have a relinquishing form for you to sign. Just so you know, if you go back on your word, I will get every penny back." His eyes are wide, and I pass him the file, opened it to the figure.

He stares at it for the longest time with a smile. How the fuck can a parent take money over their own child is beyond me. "You got yourself a deal." We shake hands and he signs.