MEETING THE TWIN

S T E V I E  P O V

My eyes trailed along the table from the box to Dominic when the doorbell sounded, and he looked displeased. 

He stands, pulls his suit jacket straight as he strides towards the door to open it.

Grab the box from the table to slide in my pocket, so I could take it to the room for safekeeping. 

No one needs to know until I'm one hundred per cent, and Dominic will be the first to hear. 

Have noticed in Dominic's tone he's apprehensive about me meeting his brother. 

I understand why with what he said, and how his girlfriend at the time cheated sleeping with his brother. 

Looked towards the door at a guy who is the same build as Dominic, but marginally different in similarities. 

Yep, they are not identical, but you can see they are brothers with the same features, build and hair colour. 

Already I'm not liking him, and I haven't met him yet. But I will put a smile on my lips and be polite for as long as possible, or until he pisses me off, whichever comes first.

He strides towards me with a smug smile and wreaking in confidence, but Dominic is confident, sweet and insanely good-looking. 

Dominic smiles peers at his brother, then at me, "Stevie, meet the twin Tyrone," Smiled offered my hand, and he shakes holding my hand just a little longer than normal. "Stevie, what a very unusual name for a girl," Rolled my eyes, "How many times have I heard that line?" I mumbled under my breath.

Glanced at Dominic, who smirks and slides his hands in his pockets, "So Dominic, this is the famous girl the media are going crazy over?" Tyrone spits. "You realise I'm standing here and I can hear every word you say," I'm annoyed to think he's talking like I'm not in the room. 

I shared a fucking flat with five guys, so I think I should be able to handle all the insults Tyrone wants to throw at me. 

To be honest, I've already made my mind up, and I don't like the guy. 

Dominic laughs as he stares at his brother for a reaction. "Tyrone, never speak like that again to Stevie," Dominic spits as he stands beside me, showing how angry he is with Tyrone's remark. 

**********

A few minutes later, we are sitting and Dominic is talking to Tyrone about the business plus their parents. 

Slapped my forehead and Dominic laughs, "Stevie, is something wrong?" He asks. "I will be right back, just need to make a call," He smiles and I rush to my room.

Grab my phone from the side to call my parents. "Stevie, we have been expecting your call, but I would have thought you would have called sooner." My father is not happy, but what's new. 

The day I was born, I was a big disappointment to them after they spent thousands on fertility. Yep, I'm the biggest disappointment in their lives, and they never hid it from me.

They would remind me every day, "I'm sorry I got caught up with everything." My tone is sorrowful. "So do we get to meet this guy or do we have to watch the news to get updates?" Slid down the door to sit on the floor.

My father's tone is harsh, and I know he speaks his mind, but at the same time he is very upset. "Yes, dad, you will meet him. Is mum working this Saturday we could come for a visit?" I'm dreading Dominic meeting my parents with the way they act towards me and any of my friends.