DECOY

D O M I N I C  P O V

Wasn't sure if Stevie would go for the plan I came up with, but she's all for it, and we are getting ready to leave for Scotland.

She also agreed to share the same bed when we marry.

Make my way to the kitchen for breakfast, and Stevie is staring at the wall in a trance-like state, "Stevie, are you all right?" She nods, not even taking a glimpse at me. 

Poured a coffee and sit with her to get her attention, "Please look at me." My tone is soft with love.

She tilts her head to show me her pretty light blue orbs, "What's wrong?" I asked. She takes a deep breath and places her cup on the table. "Getting married this fast will take all the excitement out of planning the actual wedding," She said as she takes her eyes from me to glance at her hands.

Couldn't help but presume she is having second thoughts, "What are you trying to say? That you don't want to get married or what?" My voice raised just a little too much to make her stand and stare at me. 

Put my hand over my mouth to rub as I close my eyes to calm myself and open my eyes to say something, "Stevie, I'm sorry." Stand outstretching my hand for her, but she shakes her head. "When did I say I didn't want to marry you?" She yells, forcing me to step back and slide my hands in my pockets.

Shake my head, "I'm sorry, I just assumed that's what you are thinking. Please tell me what you mean so I can understand why you are like this?" "Dominic, all I'm saying is we are getting married with haste because of your EX and you want me to go ahead planning a wedding. Where would the fun be when we would already be married?" She steps back to lean on the counter, and I step towards her, snaking my arms around her tiny waist.

Smiled as I tilted my head to make a face, making her laugh, and she slapped my chest in fun. "You can still have fun and think how exciting it will be when we stand at the altar to tell everyone how we feel. And if Mylean shows up, we can wipe that smug smirk from her face once and for all. She will not win and force us apart. I love you too much to let you go. I'm not losing you," Lean towards her to press my lips on hers, giving her a loving, tender kiss.

Stevie's succulent lips teasing me our tongues gliding tasting the sweetness she offers me. "I should get my case ready," She said and pushes from my arms. "Stevie," She turns to gaze right at me as she stood in the doorway of the kitchen. "I promise it will work out," She walks towards the stairs to her room, not responding to what I said. 

********* 

My suit is ready, and my case, "Stevie, we need to leave," I shout up the stairs to her. The bedroom door opens, and she steps out, "I'm coming, just give me a few minutes, please," Nod to her, and she closes the door behind her.

Would like to know what on earth is taking her this long? 

I made sure everyone involved with this quick marriage signed a non-disclosure to protect ourselves from the media. 

I'm not leaving anything to chance, just in case Mylean makes her presence known, and if she does, we will be ready for her.

Stevie finally saunters down the stairs towards me, looking breathtaking with her beauty in her jeans and blouse. 

No matter what she wears, she always looks perfect, and I can't take my eyes from her.

 She hands me her case and her dress in a protective cover with a beautiful smile. 

Pass her case and dress to one of the bodyguards as I take her in my arms, "Are you ready and have you got everything?" I asked. "Yep, I'm ready," She answers and I kiss her before we leave.