⚔Chapter 3: Time to wake up

A U T H O R 

It was past midnight but Heather still felt uneasy. She was awake for hours and rolling many times but she couldn't fall asleep. She can't help but think of the clock the helpers took from its original place. 

Without another attempt to sleep, she wore her pink fluffy slippers and fixed her bed. She placed her pillow vertically and covered it with a blanket to deceive Sarah if things get bad. 

Few more hesitations came to her but in the end, she decided to just go with her guts. If she can't sleep, then she won't sleep. 

She sneaked into the kitchen and quietly climbed the tall counter to grab a bag of rainbow snacks. She checked behind her back for anyone that could've seen her. Good thing there wasn't. She safely left the kitchen and went to the basement while eating her food. 

Young Heather was overwhelmed when she saw the number of things down there. "It looks like an ordinary room in here." She told herself and walked towards an old couch she spotted. It had torn fabrics and had a squeaky sound but it still looked useful. 

She placed the snack on the couch and looked for the pendulum clock. The room was so wide and it had many antique objects held in store. At the farthest corner, she finally saw the clock that was half-covered with an old cloth. 

"It looks really dusty." She pulled her sleeves and used them to clean its frame. Moments after, she noticed that the clock's lower door was open. Her thoughts had only started gathering when suddenly, she heard the old television turning on and playing a cartoon show. 

She covered her mouth in surprise and froze on the spot. She didn't want to think of scary things but it's the only thing she's thinking of right now. 

"Um.." She slowly walked towards the television to see any potential problem that caused it to turn on, but there wasn't. "H-hello?" She nervously called and looked around. "You're not gonna hurt me, are you?" But all she heard was complete silence. "D-does this mean you'll hurt me?"

She almost shrieked when her bag of snacks fell from the couch where she left it a minute ago.

"Let's just watch what you wanted to watch. We're good if you don't hurt me." She looked around again, hoping nothing pops out. "Okay? Do we have a deal?" She slowly walked towards the couch and picked up her food. "Hello?" She asked again. 

Because she was only talking to herself, she assumed whoever's in there agreed to her condition. 'Silence means yes,' they say. 

She pushed the couch close to the television and sat there to watch. Also, being the kind girl she is, she took out few biscuits from her bag of snacks and placed it on the floor behind the couch. Whoever's hiding won't receive it if she puts the good stuff where she can see it clearly. Although, she wasn't expecting the unknown visitor to take it. 

She had the urge to look behind her after a few seconds and when she did, the treat was no longer there. "Okay. I guess we both love rainbow snacks." She breathlessly said and watched the show. "Enjoy~" she softly said and focused on the show. 

Meanwhile, the shy visitor was hiding behind a big cabinet while enjoying his treats and the free cartoon show. He wanted to ask her for more food but he doesn't want to be seen. All he could do was stay where he was and watch with her. 

After so many silent laughs, he turned to Heather's couch to see how she was doing. He quietly came to her and found her sleeping peacefully with her food spilling on herself. 

He took her food from her hand and carefully pushed her to the left side of the couch so he could sit too. Unfortunately, Heather's foot accidentally kicked the bag of snacks and everything fell on the floor, leaving him annoyed.