⚔Chapter 61: Her first ring

A U T H O R

"Due to recent events, our supposed to be one-week trip will be shortened. Today's our last day in the forest. I expect all of you to be inside the dorms for the whole day." Jadis announced.

The students close to where Heather was, glared at her. They knew exactly who caused this trip to fall apart and they're not happy with it. "I messed up big time," Heather said and turned to Maya. "You're not mad at me, are you?"

"Um, did you forget? I never agreed on this trip in the first place. Why would I be mad?" Heather smiled and hugged her. "And this is also for everyone's safety. Don't mind those mindless kids."

The dorm is the safest place, but it's not the most exciting place for everyone. Chase is building a tower using the plastic cups he found in the kitchen, Maya is spacing out on the couch, Flake is by the fireplace, Firo is looking at the clock ticking, and Heather is reading Snow's book, lying on the floor. The rest of the kids in their dorm are just doing their own things to kill time.

"Is it too quiet in here?" Chase asked and looked around him. No one is speaking a single word. Not even a bee buzzing or an owl hooting. He sighed and flicked the tower he built, ruining it. He picked them up again and started from the bottom. 

"Children!!" Everyone quickly turned to the door after hearing Jadis shouting. Heather stood up and opened the door to see what was happening. "Pack your things, fix yourselves, and be ready to go. I have an important visitor coming to the school." Her voice echoed so everyone heard her orders.

"Why is she such in a hurry?" Maya asked. Heather shrugged and prepared her things. 

The kids rushed to the train, carrying their luggage. "Quickly! Quick as a rabbit!" Jadis kept repeating while waiting for everyone to get in. The train's door closed and they were off to Stone Academia.

"Who is she expecting? Do you think the king and queen visited again? What do you think happened?" Chase asked. 

"It was a miracle when they visited the school after Hinker. They don't come and visit every year. They don't just go to Stone Academia. If they're back, something's clearly up." Maya said in a suspecting tone.

Hours passed and they rushed to their dorms to unpack, and get ready to return to school. There might be no classes, but Jadis is expecting them to be there looking presentable. Whoever the visitor is, Jadis wants to impress this creature. 

The students lined up in the main hall and waited for Jadis's visitor to arrive. Shortly after they're in their positions, a carriage arrived and a lady in a red pencil skirt and white, satin French dart blouse stepped out. "Welcome to Stone Academia! I'm so honored to have you here, Mrs. Wail Karren. You don't know how delighted I am to meet you." Jadis greeted and bowed.  

Wail Karren? Heather thought and looked at the lady. She has black short hair with a red beret. She looks like someone in their fifties. That's Wail Karren? She can't help but feel excited to see her. Heather's a big fan of her book and if she could, she would like to converse with her.

"I've always wanted to meet Stone Academia's new headmaster. I was friends with the high sorcerer. It would seem bad if I don't come and meet you properly," Wail Karren said. Jadis stood straight and felt flattered.  

"Do you want to look around?" Jadis asked.

"I've been in this place a lot of times already. I believe I've seen every inch of this place while I was still a student. I'm rather interested in something else." Jadis furrowed her brows. "Would you mind if I have a cup of tea with you?"