⚔Chapter 17: Wrong Direction

A U T H O R

There are a few things I want everyone to remember. Never use these potions for your greed and wants. I know it's sometimes tempting but potions should be used for good." Jadis reminded while fixing the stuff on her table.

Heather opened the book on her desk and read a few of its contents. "'Forgetful potion, invisibility potion, flying potion, love potion'?" She furrowed her brows. "That actually exists?"

"Now, turn to page hundred and fifteen. We're all gonna learn about making a positivity potion. It's a kind of potion that can lift someone's spirit or make someone's day better. Since it's our first day of school, I want everybody to be cheerful. It will only last for an hour so don't get too excited."

Heather turned to the said page and looked at the ingredients needed. "What are these?" As a newcomer, she had no idea about the terms used or about the weird things the potion requires.

"First, melt the sunflower petals with the raven tears inside the little bottles. Make sure to only use two drops of the tears." Jadis instructed.

Out of curiosity, Heather took the little bottle. "What happens if I add five?" With her curiosity getting the best of her, he used five drops of raven tears. "I'd want to be five times happier." Well, that's what she thought.

"Next, frozen rain on a rainy day-- Sun crystals. Crush three crystals and add them to the first ones." Jadis continued.

"What happens if I add two?" With that same curiosity, Heather only added two crystals.

"Last and final ingredient, a teaspoon of a sincere laugh." It's a white cream-looking ingredient made of a creature's tears of joy. "Now mix and wait for it to evaporate on your face."

Heather found that ingredient fascinating so instead of one, she added two. She kept stirring and stirring until the ingredients slowly turned airy. She looked at the others' work and found theirs having yellow-colored potions while hers is more golden. She thought it was normal and kept stirring until the air from the bottle pilled up into a big bubble and left the glass. "Um..." She looked at the others who had their eyes on her.

"And what is going on here?" Jadis left her position and came to Heather. "You clearly didn't follow my instructions."

"I was only genuinely curious and over-excited. I wondered what would happen if I tried changing the quantities of each--" She was in the middle of explaining herself when the bubble suddenly accelerated. Jadis immediately moved away from the golden bubble and so as the others, except for one who wasn't paying attention.

"Flake, darling, look out!" Jadis warned but she was too late. The bubble already popped in Flake's face but instead of the cheerful effect, a sticky, golden, liquid splashed all over his body. "Oh no. Oh, no, no, stay calm, darling." She hurried towards him and gasped.

"I didn't mean it. I swear, it was an accident." Heather quickly defended.

"You!" Jadis shouted and pointed her finger at Heather. The girl quickly sealed her lips. "I'll see you in my office after class. You have no idea about the disaster you caused." Heather gulped and looked away. "Come, darling. Let's get you cleaned up."

"I'm fine." Flake seriously said and headed towards Heather's direction. She looked down and squeezed her eyes shut. She expected him to get mad at her but he simply wiped his face stood there.

"What?" Heather asked while still facing away. "It was an accident. You can't blame me." She quietly added.

"Come with me." Everyone in the room started murmuring. Heather lifted her head and looked at him, confused. Jadis widened her eyes and decided to interfere.

"Flake, that is unnecessary and she's the one who caused you this." She tried persuading him not to let her help but Flake didn't listen and didn't look away. "Flake?"

"Wash it yourself. You're old enough for that." Heather replied, causing a bigger commotion. "And, I'm sorry. This wasn't my intention." She said, gesturing at the liquid on his body. "I just wanted to be happier."

He scoffed and moved closer. "Do I look like I care?" He seriously asked. Flake found no sign of her cooperating so he took her hand himself and pulled her out of the room.

"What are you doing?! I said I don't want to! Let go!" Heather was trying to break free but Flake suddenly moved fast and without two seconds, they were already inside the washroom. "Heaven's sake..." Heather looked around the room in amusement, then at him. "D-Did we just...?"

Flake wasted no time and took off his cloak. He placed it inside the sink and opened the faucet. "Wash it off." He commanded, getting Heather's attention.

"Do you normally talk like this? I think the maximum number of your words is like...three. All you say is, 'Her name', then when you talk to Firo, you say 'Kang', then earlier you said, 'Come with me', now you're saying 'Wash it off'--" Heather screamed when he suddenly pulled her close. "Are you crazy?!"

She noticed how his eyes' colors changed into red ones. "Wash it off while I'm being nice." She knew exactly what those colors meant and quickly pulled up her sleeves to get a handful of water from the faucet. Though it's against her will, she stood on her toes to reach his face and started wiping off the gold liquid.

"I seriously can't understand why I had to do this. It was an accident and you can clearly do this yourself. You're not a kid needing supervision. You definitely have a prior motive." She stopped and narrowed her eyes at him. "What do you want?"

"Do me a favor and do your job silently." Heather rolled her eyes and kept cleaning his face. She raised her arms and cleaned his hair too. She didn't notice how close their faces were and kept standing on her toes.

Flake had a good view of her face. He couldn't help but laugh secretly at her struggling expression. Heather looked strong and intelligent and this side of hers is a rare sight only he can witness.

She accidentally tripped on herself due to too much force on her toes but Flake was quick enough to grab her wrist. Heather widened her eyes and immediately yanked her hand away. "Thank you." She looked away nervously and wiped a few stains on his uniform.

"How did you get here?" She stopped and looked at him.

"What do you mean?"

"I think we both know what I meant." He held her wrist again and pushed it away from him. "I wasn't sure the first time but I knew your scent was different."

She immediately took a step away from him knowing where that conversation is going. "No. No, you're completely wrong. I'm not what you think I am." But he walked towards her until she was pinned against the wall. "Flake." She panted and looked at his eyes as if she's asking him to spare her.

"You're a human, aren't you?"

--
I'm so sorry for not updating last night!!🙏 I'll make it up for everyone later💖