⚔Chapter 15: Locked

A U T H O R

"Ladies, to the left! Gentlemen, to the right! Get your year bands here and proceed to the key vault to get the keys to your classrooms!" A middle-aged man said and kept gesturing the directions with his hands.

Heather and Firo separated for a while to get their year bands. For the first years, they get a brown year band, the second years get blue, the third years get red, and the fourth years get purple. This is the new rule implied by the new headmaster, Jadis. She also changed the design of uniforms but the signature color remains.

Firo and Heather get blue year bands this year.

"Gracie, you can't just cut in line. Wait for your turn and be fair!" Heather turned her head to see what's going on at the back. A girl with curly hair with a big, purple ribbon, white and violet-colored uniform, and all-black boots went straight to the table where they get their year bands.

"Rude!" The girls shouted, booing her.

"Just because she's the headmaster's daughter, she thinks she can get away with anything." The girl behind Heather said. "The abuse of power... Ugh! I can't with them."

Heather turned around to face her. "Did you say she's the headmaster's daughter?" She asked the other who has a sweet, innocent look with long marmalade hair.

"Gracie's the only child of the headmaster. She does everything her way like dressing in different colored uniforms, going to classes she only wants, getting all the good food in the cafeteria for herself... She's that type of woman and no one likes her for that." Heather 'ohhed' and nodded. "How come you don't know that? You're in your second year."

"I'm new. My...my family couldn't send me to school because of," Heather gulped and said, "...poverty."

"That's always the case for newcomers. If only these creatures are FAIR!" She shouted the moment Gracie was walking back from the table with her year band. The girl only blew her a kiss and continued walking. "The nerve! See? See what she did there?"

"She doesn't get fazed by anyone..." Heather said to herself. "I should stay away from her."

She finally reached the table and took a blue year band. She wore it around her neck and went to find Firo. There was suddenly a commotion in the boys' lane. "Chase, you better give that back!"

"Found him." She walked towards their line and saw Chase being chased by Firo like little, immature, kids.

"I will beat you to a pulp! I mean it!" Firo threatened and pulled Chase's cloak to stop him and forcefully took his year band from the other's hand. "Got a death wish?" He threatened with a glare.

"That's enough, little ones. Where's the key vault?" Heather asked and Firo quickly let go of Chase's cape.

"Come on." He glared one last time at Chase who is still laughing his ass out and proceeded to the key vault.

The key vault is a room where students in Parailla get sorted. Thousands of keys will be flying around them. One of these keys will match the power of the student it chooses and that key will tell which class the student belongs to. This is also one of the changes Jadis proposed to make the first day of school exciting. The kids like it.