⚔Chapter 22: Hear the chimes?

A U T H O R

Maya woke up with her alarm and looked outside the window. "It's starting again." She tiredly told herself and left the bed. She looked at Heather on her left. The girl is covered with a thick blanket and three pillows, keeping herself very comfortable. Maya scoffed and went to the bathroom. But before that, a knock came on the door and she quickly opened it.

"Heather?" It was Firo and he was ready to leave.

"She's still asleep. She couldn't sleep last night and I had to give her one of my pillows. She needs more time to rest." Maya said and left the door open.

Firo came in and stood in front of the sleeping girl. "Aren't you waking up? I thought you wanted to go to the library." He said and tapped her shoulder. "Heather."

"Time?" She sleepily asked.

"It's thirty minutes till class starts." Heather quickly opened her eyes and sat. "Maya said you couldn't sleep. It's understandable."

"Wait. The library?" She asked with her eyes wide. "Can I still go?"

"You have plenty of time later at lunch." Heather sighed at Firo's answer. She really wanted to go to the fancy library first thing in the morning. If only she didn't have her rare insomnia marching in again.

"You should go to school now. I can handle going there myself." Firo nodded and left the room.

Heather sighed and scratched her head. She yawned and looked at the window outside. She was surprised when she saw the whole place in purple light.

"He said it's morning. Why is it still dark outside?" She left the bed and looked outside the window. "Did they prank me or something?" She looked at the students and they were all heading to school. "What's this? Why is everyone going to school so early?"

"It's the witches." Maya left the bathroom in her uniform. "They control the sky so it can look like it's nighttime when it's actually day. Why don't you know this? We all learned this back home."

"A-Ah... My parents didn't tell me about this. I never asked." Maya nodded and took her things. "Wait, aren't you gonna come with me?"

"I'm late for class." Maya reasoned and left the room. Heather could only scoff and began getting ready too. They're not close so what does she expect? Maya probably doesn't like her until now.

She took a bath and wore her uniform. She was about to leave with her books when Flake suddenly entered her room. "Oh my goodness! You scare--" She closed her mouth and stood straight. "What are you doing? This is trespassing."

He took her hand and handed her a dress. "It fell off from the bag yesterday. I only noticed it this morning." Heather quickly pulled her hand away from his grip.

"Thank you. You may go." She said with a blank face. Even so, Flake stood there with his hands in his pocket with a sneaky curve in his lips. "What are you smiling at? You look like a pervert."

"Your friend's room?" Heather furrowed her brows. "You said it was your friend's assigned room and not yours."

"It is Firo's room. Why? Who slept with you last night? Me?"

"Should've been." She widened her eyes. Did Firo tell him? That darn simpleton! "I can hear you, you know?" She looked away and crumpled her cloak for not knowing vampires can do that. "Why didn't you sleep with me?"

Heather laughed loudly and brushed her hair back. "How could you say that without even feeling awkward at all? Do you know how it sounds like?" She put on her serious face and seriously said, "Fine, you heard me. If you think I'm one of those girls who want to 'sleep' with you, let me clear this to you, Flake Kim. I'm a decent girl who won't sleep with guys she doesn't know. I have this thing called 'dignity' so don't underestimate me. I'm not your typical cheap flower on the street."

She threw the dress on the bed and gestured him to leave. Flake smiled and thought,

Finally, a worthy competitor.

He left the room and closed the door. Heather sighed and looked at the dress on the bed. "If only you didn't fall off, I wouldn't have dealt with him early in the morning." She fixed herself, taking her books with her, and left.

She went straight to Stone Academia and went to the library first. She tried to open the door but it's locked. With a sigh, she promised to be there at lunch and returned to the main hall.

"Flakey baby!" A loud call coming from the left. Heather looked at the person incoming and she didn't have to think about who she was. White and violet-colored uniform? It's none other than Gracie Violet. She went to meet Flake at the door and those in the main hall started murmuring stuff.

"Now this is a sight to see," Heather told herself and watched.

"I couldn't meet you yesterday. I'm sorry!" Heather narrowed her eyes at how irritating Gracie's voice was. "From now on, I will always be by your side. Promise!"

"What comedy show is this?" Heather quietly chuckled and kept watching. Flake looks so done, and it seems like he wants to run away from her.

"Stay away from me." He said with no emotion and kept walking.

Gracie stood there with an annoyed face. Everyone in the room was quietly laughing at her. "She looked so confident when she came to him. I don't know if I should laugh or pity her." Heather said to herself.

Gracie ran away and went to someplace no one is interested in figuring out. Heather, then, went to their first class after the commotion and found Flake and Gracie in there. It was just the both of them talking. She decided to hide and listen to their conversation.

"Is that how a descendant of Lilac Warrior should behave?" Gracie asked. "Your parents are kind. Why are you so different?! They've done good things, and they're friendly and approachable! I can't even talk to you! I can't even look at you for a second! What's with you? It's like you're not their son at all!"

"I'm not their son, and I'm not the lost prince everyone thinks I am!! Happy?!" Flake suddenly blew up, causing Gracie to step away.

He furiously left the room and caught Heather hiding behind a wall. She gasped and quickly came up with an excuse. "I-I just happened to pass by. As matter of fact, I didn't hear everything clearly."

"Don't worry. I'm actually glad it's just you." He seriously said before walking away as if nothing happened.

--

Waaahhh I'm early today!!🥳 Let's BTS airs later at 10:40 KST(?) and I don't want to miss it😅 Let's all have a good time watching everyone!!💖

Gracie's character is coming to light now and I also started the little mystery the story's gonna run around for some time😊 It's just a very little one though😅

I also hope you liked the chapter and see you next timee😽💕