⚔Chapter 57: A bell that's been pressed

A U T H O R

"Do you have any idea how your reckless actions can affect the school?!" Jadis shouted. "The teachers' reputation, my reputation, the whole Stone Academia's reputation will be ruined if the word reaches the king and queen!"

Heather kept silent and looked at her fingers. Whatever Jadis Lavender lectures couldn't reach her head. She's too preoccupied remembering the silver furwin that chased her. Her heartbeat couldn't stop racing as she pictures out what could happen if Flake didn't find her.

"Are you even listening to me?!"

"She is, she is..." Maya immediately spoke and held Heather's shoulders to get her to listen. "This won't happen again. We'll make sure of that." 

"You are giving me a headache!" Jadis massaged her temple and breathed in. "You can't leave the dorm tomorrow." Heather's eyes grew wide. "This will serve as a lesson for not following the rules."

"But it's a requirement in our Life and Nature subject. I have to go." Heather defended.

"You just need to find another way to pass your subject. This is your fault for leaving your quarters in the first place." Jadis turned to Firo who stood behind the couch where the others sat. "And you, stay with her and make sure she doesn't leave."

"What? Why me? I can't pass the subject too." Firo complained and looked at Flake. "What about him? He brought her here safely. He can do it again." Flake furrowed his brows and glared at him.

"Flake has been the top student and I can't let him fail because of her. Your grades had been sinking since the first day so you have nothing to worry about." Firo was going to keep complaining but Jadis raised her finger to tell him to shut up. "Maya and Chase still have a performance tomorrow. I can't let one student ruin the whole trip so tuck yourselves in and see you tomorrow." She said and left, closing the door.

Heather closed her eyes and sighed. "I'm so sorry."

"I can't say it's okay because obviously, it's not. What matters is you're here and you're in one piece," Maya said and brushed Heather's hair. "I warned you not to put yourself in danger a few hours ago but here we are again. I just couldn't get you."

"I'm gonna miss everything. Your performance, the new lessons, the adventure..." Heather said in a sad tone.

"You had an adventure fifteen minutes ago," Firo spoke and sat across them. "What's the purpose of those flowers I brought when you were almost taken by that silver furwin? Now I got dragged into your mess."

"For the love of all... Firo, don't make her feel worse. She just got back after that traumatizing incident," Maya scolded and looked at her. "Are you all right now?"

"I will be." She hesitantly looked at Flake sitting on the stool in front of the fireplace. "Thanks." She quickly said and looked away. Flake turned to them and stood up. "I don't know how you found me but thanks anyway."

"I'm not doing it again." He said and went inside his room.

"He's a jerk but let's be real. If it weren't for him, Heather's good as gone," Chase said. "What were you doing outside at this hour anyway?" He asked. Heather can't tell him that she found him coming out from the mansion earlier and that woke her curiosity. She gulped and stood up.

"I was just wondering what could be so dangerous. Now I know," She reasoned. "We should go to sleep. You two still have an amazing performance tomorrow." Maya smiled at her and nodded. They returned to their rooms, but before Heather could go in, Firo saw something and pulled her arm. "What's wrong?" He pointed at the torn sleeve of her uniform and with red stains around it. Heather looked at it and scrunched her brows. "Is this blood?"