⚔Chapter 58: For the first time?

A U T H O R

"Do you think someone's in here?" Heather asked the moment they stepped inside the mansion. "B-Besides the silver furwin last time." She added.

"It looks too abandoned." They slowly kept walking, looking at the furniture around them. "What did you want to see here?" Firo asked and checked one hallway near the door. "Don't tell me you're going this far just to find something to use against Flake."

"That's one thing. I just wanted answers."  She said, talking about the night when she saw Chase coming out of the mansion. "It's too dark in here. How are we supposed to see anything?" She suddenly heard a window breaking open. Thinking it could be the silver furwin, she shouted and ducked behind the old couch. 

"That was me." She quickly stood up and found Firo beside an open window. "We could at least use the moonlight." She sighed in relief and continued walking. 

"What's that room?" Heather didn't hesitate to walk towards the room with blood red-colored wooden door. "Is it just me? Or this room stands out the most?" Firo went after her and stood behind her back. Heather slowly pushed the door open and different portraits were found inside.

"A gallery?"

"They're paintings but I don't think they're just paintings. This could be the family tree of the queen!" She exclaimed and looked at the first portrait. "Dayan Kim. Her hair's lilac and her posture's very heroic." She said and kept looking at the pictures. "Do you think they kept a portrait of the prince here?"

"I doubt that. They're too protective of him to display his picture in the middle of the forest. We don't even have a name." Heather nodded, getting his point. "It's the queen," Firo said, standing in front of a teenage girl's picture.

"You're right. I remember her when they visited the school." Heather went there and looked at the picture. "She's really pretty, isn't she? Even after so many years, she still looks exactly like this. And her hair's lilac too."

"Do you think the prince could have lilac hair?" Firo asked and crossed his arms.

"That would be very obvious. Petrifiers are the only ones who could have lilac hair and if he does, we won't have a hard time knowing who he is." She kept walking and noticed another painting in the corner of the room. "Hold on. This..." She furrowed her brows and looked closer at the picture. "It's the king," She said and narrowed her eyes. "I didn't have a good look at his face when they came. Seeing him in his teenage years closer like this... He looks a lot like--"

"Heather!!" Firo called, alarming her. He quickly pulled her out of the room, running.

"What is it? Did someone see us?"

He took her out of the mansion and hid behind the left wall. They suddenly heard rustling sounds from behind. "Silver furwins." Firo quietly said. He tightened his grip on Heather's hand and pulled her behind him. "When I say "run", don't hesitate to leave and go straight to the dorm."

"What? Can't you just leave with me? Don't make me scold you again about underestimating me--"

"I'm not underestimating you. Someone needs to buy more time and it has to be me. Now, don't be stubborn and listen to me at least once. Your life's more important than mine so don't complain."