⚔Chapter 73: Alarm goes off

A U T H O R

"How is he?" The man asked the other. "Does he worry about anything?"

"He's been acting strange lately. I don't know what's going on because he won't tell me. I'll do the best I could to find out." The younger one said and left the mansion.

--

"Today is your lucky day!" Chase said from the door, carrying two bags of food in each hand. Maya's eyes sparkled and pulled him in. "This was supposed to happen a few days ago, but the both of you were sleeping. Firo and I had to move it to another day."

Heather left the bed and helped Maya and Chase arrange their table. They took the two separate desks and put them together. Heather pulled the stools and arranged them--one across the other. "Is Firo with you?" Heather asked, noticing that he wasn't with him. 

"He went somewhere, but I'm sure he's on his way here," Chase answered and sat beside Maya. "We thought that since school's almost ending, we should do something to celebrate. Two weeks left, and it's finally summer." 

And I'm finally leaving. Heather thought. They got so close after months, and Heather feels sad to leave. If her existence wasn't so important back in her world, and if she won't die if she stays longer in Parailla, she would gladly stay. 

"There he is!~" Chase exclaimed when Firo came.

Heather snapped to her senses and turned to the door. Firo went in with a bouquet of Rainbow Gardenias. "Trust me. The flowers mean nothing," He said and placed them on the table. "I thought it would be a good dessert."

"No kidding," Maya said and plucked a petal. 

Heather was about to do the same when she suddenly noticed the white tag. She tore it off the wrapping paper and read it with her eyes. What did you see? She furrowed her brows. One time it said, 'Look closer', now it says, 'What did you see?' 

"Heather?" Firo called and sat beside her. "What are you doing with that?"

Heather crumpled the tag and hid it inside her pocket. "It's nothing. I just found it cute," She said and cleared her throat. 

They started to dig in. Chase and Maya were busy arguing about which Paraillan drink is better, while Firo took his time tasting every delicacy they bought. However, Heather was lost in thought. She was only looking at the slice of toast with her mind in the air. 'Look closer' and 'What did you see?' I've been looking very closely at everything. I solved Flake's story and I knew more about the prince. What else do I have to do? What does it want me to see?

"Right!" Chase suddenly said and looked away from Maya. "I think I know why black witches are suddenly attacking the school." The three paid attention to him. "I heard some of the townsmen talking. They said the witches are looking for a human."

Firo and Maya quickly turned to Heather. "A human?" She cleared her throat. "H-How would a human get here?" She nervously asked.

"That's my point, Heather. Why are witches looking for something that won't survive in Parailla? They're just bored, so they decided to play around." 

"Right..." Maya said and drank the Applegreen juice. "There's no human, and they're just bored."

The two boys left their room after their little celebration ended.