⚔Chapter 72: Set the time

A U T H O R

"It's getting late. We should leave before the portal closes," Firo said stood from the couch. He left the cottage and waited for her outside.

Heather also stood up and left. A lot happened in one day, and she still can't get over what happened between her and Flake. She's embarrassed, and she has no idea how to deal with him when they encounter each other.

Heather and Firo jumped into the river and swam to the bottom to return to the mainland. They safely returned to the dorms, and Heather is on her way to her room. "Flake," She quietly said and hid behind a big pot in the corner of the floor. Flake was facing down while heading in her direction. If she didn't see him, they would surely bump into each other. 

She kept quiet and waited for him to pass, so she could go to her room without getting seen. Flake suddenly stopped walking, making Heather panic. He sighed and walked towards where she was hiding. She cussed in her head and showed herself. "Was that necessary?" Flake asked.

"I don't know. Maybe you come up with another crazy idea and--" Flake pulled her arm and pecked on her lips. Heather's eyes grew wide and froze.

"Kiss you?" She quickly pulled him to an empty hallway. "Calm down. No one's here."

"Are you out of your mind? This is getting out of hand. You can't just do that whenever you want. Did you even ask me if I want to do the smooching with you?" Flake chuckled and looked away. "I'm not being funny right now, Flake. I'm serious about this. If you want to tell me something, then tell me in words. What happened just now and at the library is history now, okay? It never happened." She was about to turn away when Flake pulled her back to where she stood.

"You found me out. You already know who I am, and it won't be long before you find out everything else." Heather furrowed her brows, not knowing what he's getting at. "I thought I should let you know before you get there--before you change your mind."

"Change my mind about what? Are you talking about not being the prince when everybody thinks you are? I found out about that and your friendship with Firo. Are you worried that I won't hang around you as much when I find out about that?"

"When did you know?" He worriedly asked.

"A few moments ago. Firo confirmed it for me." Flake closed his eyes and looked down. "Prince or not the prince, I won't ignore and hate you. I decided to be good to you because you were good to me. I will still act the same way even if I find out about your secret. And you don't have to kiss me to tell me that...that..." She stopped and gulped. She can't say the exact words she's thinking of. She let out a sigh and looked away.

"That I like you." Heather slowly nodded. "I thought if you knew who I really am, I won't have a chance to express it to you. I ended up ruining everything, didn't I?" He asked in the saddest tone Heather has ever heard from him.

"Apparently."

"You're not sure?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. It seems like it, but I don't really know what's gonna happen." She lifted her head and faced him. "Great book, by the way. You deserve better recognition for it." Flake smiled and lowered his head. "Don't get all shy. You look weird."

He chuckled and walked ahead. "I'll walk you to your room."

Heather eyed him before she decided to let him do it. She knows why he's acting like that, and she doesn't see anything wrong with walking her to her room and liking her except for one thing, "I'm gonna have to remind you again. I'm engaged." Flake didn't show any reaction and just kept walking. "It's all right if you start losing your feelings."