⚔Chapter 68: All times connected

A U T H O R

Heather returned the lid and immediately ran towards them. She was only centimeters away from the couple that looked exactly like her parents. "Father?" She called the man, then looked at the lady. "Mother?" Her eyes glistened at the sight of the two most important people in her life. But when the couple turned in her direction, instead of being happy to see her, they rather looked confused. "I'm Heather. Don't you remember me? Maybe I look different now that I'm older but, I'm your daughter."

"I think you're mistaken, miss," The man said. "We lost our daughter when she was a little girl. We don't remember naming our daughter Heather. Her name was Autumn."

Heather furrowed her brows. "But, y-you're my parents. You're Lewis and Mirana, aren't you? The couple looked at each other, puzzled. "Are you not...? I thought you died back home. I didn't know you were here all along."

The lady walked closer to her and held her hands. "I'm so sorry that you lost your parents. I understand that you might miss them, but my husband and I don't know who you're talking about. We're not those you mentioned." She let go of Heather's hands and left with her husband.

"That can't be." She turned around and watched them walk away. "I can't be wrong. They're my parents." She said as tears fall from her eyes. Flake walked towards her and pulled her to a hug. He didn't say anything and just softly patted her back.

When Heather felt better, she pulled away and wiped her tears. "Do you still want to go to that room of scrolls?" Flake asked.

"I don't know. I kind of... I'm suddenly not in the mood," She chuckled and looked down. 

"Come on." Flake turned around and waited for her to get on his back. Heather quietly walked towards him and got on. "Can you hold on tight now?" Heather sighed and tightened her arms around his shoulders. Flake flew and went to Berta's cottage. He believes she's the only one who can console Heather right now.

"Your parents?" Berta asked.

"I saw them in the market, but they don't know me. They said that their daughter is named Autumn. I felt anxious and hopeful for nothing," Heather's sad tone worried Flake. He was also abandoned as a child. "Maybe they're Acquivians but...what are the odds of them looking exactly like my parents?"

"Hmm... But what if they were your parents, but they just don't know that? What would you do?"

"I might stay here for as long as I could. Being with them again for a few weeks is more than enough. I want to be with my family." Another tear escaped her eyes, and she immediately wiped it off. "Even if it means losing my life for good."

"Heather," Flake called.

"It's the only thing I've ever wanted. I don't need to be a queen. I don't need a whole kingdom. I don't need anything else. Having them back is all I want. Being their daughter is something I want to happen again." The desperate look in Heather's teary eyes made Berta pity her. She knew and saw how much Heather loves her parents.

She caressed Heather's cheek and smiled bitterly. "Then just pretend that they're your parents. You don't have to lose your life for this, but if being with your parents again makes you happy..." The door behind them suddenly opened. Heather turned around and found the same couple from the market. Berta stood from her seat and walked towards them. "Mr. and Mrs. Yang," Berta greeted and let them in. "I'm glad you're here."