⚔Chapter 38: Untimely visit

A U T H O R

The three of them rushed to Stone Academia and met Chase at the door. "Are they here?" Maya asked and stood beside him. Chase shook his head and looked at the pathway leading to the school. "Why would they come today? Do you think something terrible happened?"

"I overheard some seniors talking earlier. They're all saying the king and queen are visiting their son. The prince might be in the game and the parents want to congratulate him or whatever." Heather and Firo furrowed their brows. "That's what I heard. Could it really be Flake?"

"Firo!" Jadis called and walked in their direction. "You're Hinker's champion so the teachers and I decided to let you accompany the king and queen once they arrive."

"That doesn't make any sense. How is being Hinker's champion related to this?" Firo defended. Assisting the royal family is an honor for everyone else but not for him. He didn't want to be involved with clans involving vampires.  

"Will you stop being stubborn and do as you are told? Come on." Jadis scolded and started walking. Firo sighed in defeat and looked at his friends.

"Go for it. It's not like the king and queen are going to hurt you. They're good creatures. They make sure Paraillans are living peacefully and full." Chase said, hoping to make him feel better.

"They're not good creatures, Chase. Cruelty runs in their blood." Firo followed after Jadis and went to the teachers' hall to get their instructions.

"He really hates them down to the bone, doesn't he? I get the part that they did something terrible to his little friend in the past but Firo needs to look at their good side too. They may look and act dark but there's that ball of kindness in them too... Like Flake for example. That ass is a showoff but he gave me tips to survive the game." Heather said, getting Maya and Chase's attention. "Was I wrong?"

"For the first time, someone told me Flake showed her kindness," Chase said with one of his brows up. "But you're right. Firo generalizes them too much."

"The king and queen of Parailla!" Everyone turned to the door after hearing the chief of the palace guards' notice. 

The three of them quickly went inside and gathered with the other kids. They lined up and created a clear path for the royal highnesses. A black carriage with dim purple lights stopped outside the door. Heather turned her head slightly towards their direction to see the king and queen.

A man went down first, wearing an all-black suit and a dark purple cape. He looked so much younger, clearly showing that he's a vampire. A woman in a black matte dress went down next from the carriage. Her silver hair with lilac highlights is tied to a messy bun. She looked as younger as the king. Seems like her beauty is also petrified by her powers.

Firo came to escort them from the door with his blank face. He didn't want to show them how disgusted and how he loathed their kind. "Jadis," the queen suddenly spoke. "Is that blood on one of your students' faces?" She asked, looking at Firo's bruises.

Jadis came to them and bowed. "Our game of Hinker just ended, your highness. Firo Kang, our champion, got it from the game."

The queen was about to say a word when Flake went inside and passed by them as if they weren't important guests. The mumbles began as he makes his way to stand on the side. "How could he do that? He's getting himself into trouble." Chase quietly whispered.