⚔Epilogue:

A U T H O  R

"It took many sacrifices and courage to say 'the end'. Our lives changed, and our stories were rewritten. It was hard to forget about the past as if it never existed. It was a part of us that we could never throw away. And so, we locked our pasts inside a locket, worn around our necks. Not to suffocate us, but rather wear it as an accessory that gave beauty to our lives. Parailla is a special place. Once you got in, you can never forget the magic it has brought to yourself. By Louise Elizabeth." Heather read and closed the book. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. 

Poppy suddenly barked and went to her lap. Heather opened her eyes with a smile. "How do you like it, Poppy?" Poppy barked and jumped on the book. "Did you like Levi's mom's story more than mine? Oh well. Maybe you're just tired of me telling it to you over and over again." Heather carried her and went downstairs.

"Are you ready for your speech, Heather?" Helena asked when she saw Heather climbing down the stairs. She was waiting in the dining room with Victoria

"More than ready, grandma. I can even deliver it without my copy." Heather sat across from her grandma and grabbed a crinkle cookie. 

"She's showing off again," Victoria said and rolled her eyes. "You've been gone for almost a year, but you never changed one bit, dear cousin."

"Same goes to you," Heather talked back.

Helena cleared her throat and eyed both of them. "I thought we talked about this? No more fighting. I expect both of you in your best behavior during your graduation today. Don't embarrass yourselves."

"Rainbow-colored brownies," Van came and laid a plate of brownies that looked exactly like the ones Heather had in Hawk's Cottage. "Specially requested by her royal majesty," Van said and smiled at her. 

Heather told Helena about the friendship she has with the guy. Because Helena wanted to restore her relationship with her granddaughter, she took it positively and didn't have any complaints. Victoria was cool with it too. Now that Heather and Van can talk freely, she can just barge in and chat with him whenever she likes.

They went straight to school after breakfast. It's finally their graduation day. Heather missed her classes, but she was able to catch up and proved that she can still be their school's valedictorian. "Levi!" Heather called and ran to him. "So, what did she say? Is it a lucky 'yes' or a sad 'no'?"

Levi sighed and shook his head. "Catherine doesn't want to date me either. Why are they rejecting me all of a sudden?" The both of them decided to end their kingdoms' agreement. Levi's parents didn't have a problem with it. Heather convinced them that she could rule her kingdom without their marriage. 

"That's what you get if you break their hearts. You were a complete jerk. And who knew you'll end up having a crush on your exes?" She scoffed and shook her head. 

"What a nice way to comfort the person who came up with excuses for your disappearance. If I didn't tell your grandma that you've been staying in my family's summer house for a year, having an existential crisis, what would happen?"

"I was just being honest. Gosh. And I'm sure there are better girls out there. Girls whose hearts haven't been broken by you. At least you learned your lesson, right?" Levi gave a small pout and nodded. 

"How about you? Are you okay now? It's been months, Heather. Don't tell me you're still blaming yourself for what happened to your friends."

Heather's expression suddenly changed into a dark one. "I don't want to have this conversation right now. We'll be late for the ceremony." Heather walked ahead and headed to the hall. Her eyes began to tear as she takes her steps. She may be in her world now, but the memories from Parailla are still haunting her. There wasn't a single day that Heather didn't think about what happened to them. She misses her friends and how she wished every night to see them again. But she knows she couldn't anymore, and it's because of her.