⚔Chapter 12: Hour in town

A U T H O R

"Am I supposed to say sorry?" Heather asked and looked at the lone guy in the cabin. "If he's a prince, I'm also a princess in my world. I don't need to bow down to anyone." She said and sat inside Firo's cabin.

"Still." Firo also went inside and sat beside her. "You need to be careful when talking to anyone. You're not from here, Heather. If you get on a powerful person's bad side, we're done for. I will also take full responsibility because I let you in when I shouldn't have in the first place. Do me this little favor, please."

She crossed her arms and looked at his worried face. "Very well. Do keep in mind that I'm mainly doing this for my sake. Don't get any ideas." He nodded and transferred to his seat across her. Heather looked at Flake's cabin and furrowed her brows. "Are vampires usually that mean and full of themselves? I'm not liking it."

"That's the case for most vampires but some are also good and approachable. I'm just not good with them since what happened to my friend." Heather looked at him again and found him looking outside the window with the same emotion he had yesterday.

"You really cared for your friend, didn't you?"

Firo smiled and nodded. "He was cheerful and good. He's one of the rarest of his kind. This world wasn't just kind to him and he had to go. Even his own family didn't fight for him and they just watched them as they ruin their son's life. That's why I never want to be associated with those creatures, good or bad. I couldn't put my trust in them."

The train stopped and they quickly left the cabin. Flake went in the opposite direction so they had no chance to bump into each other again.

Heather's jaw dropped after witnessing the glowing village of Parailla. It was filled with many creatures and merchants on each side. There were even horses of different colors and Pegasi free flying in the morning sky. "It's as if I'm back to being an imaginative lunatic but...this time I'm seeing real things. I'm seeing real things, right?!"

"Maybe?" Firo answered and left, leaving her dazed on the spot.

"M-Maybe?" She went after him and slapped his arm. "What 'maybe'? Are you implying that your world is really just a product of my imagination? That I'm right all along?" Firo chuckled and shook his head. "What's funny? Do I sound like I'm trying to make you laugh?"

"What I meant was, it could be a witch's illusions. Pegasi don't come out during the day. They stay in the forest at day and sometimes come out to see the town at night. They're really shy creatures so don't be fooled."

Heather looked up to see the Pegasus flying above them. Suddenly, it poofed and turned into smoke. "Right. Illusions."

Firo took her first to an emporium to find her something to wear that looks more local. Her pajamas kept getting the commoners' attention. 

It's a small yet dress-filled room. There's a little window on the left that serves as the light source and its door is decorated with beautiful shells and flowers. "Firo!" The shop owner exclaimed. She has beautiful black braided hair and a kind, warm smile. "Your mother was worried last night. Where have you been?"

"Good morning ever-stunning Rowena Choi. I was showing my..." He looked at Heather who just came in. She had her eyes and mouth wide open, looking at the dresses hanging on the walls and stalls. "...my companion, the new forest I found just ahead Daryn Lake. It took us a while to get back."

"Train problems, I presume? I had the same problem on my way here. Jadis and the rest of the schoolmen took the first train in the village. Jadis being the abusive witch she is." Rowena chuckled and turned to Heather. "Hello, dear. It's nice to have my friend's son's friend here."