⚔Chapter 56: The chase

A U T H O R

"Chase just came out of that mansion, didn't he?" Heather asked Heroine who also looked confused. "What's that place? Do you know the owners?" She had a lot of questions in mind but Heroine doesn't want to spill anything. 

"It's better for you to just return." The Pegasus said and started walking. Heather sighed in defeat and didn't force the other to answer her questions. She safely returned to the dormitory and thanked Heroine before going inside.

Everyone is still in the hall having their dinner. She looked at Firo's table and found Flake beside him. "That's odd. What made them sit together?" She walked towards them and sat beside Maya. 

"Heather!" The latter exclaimed and hugged her friend. "You can't just run off like that. It's a hundred times dangerous out there. We never know what's waiting to attack." She worriedly said and pulled away. "Are you already okay?"

Heather looked at the two boys across the table. They just cleared their throats and avoided eye contact. "Yeah, I was able to distract myself with something else." She answered and looked at the plate in front of her.

"Oh! I decided to go ahead and get you your dinner before the others take all the food away." Heather smiled and nodded.

"What did I miss?" Chase came and sat between Flake and Firo. Heather looked at him and remembered him and the mansion a few moments ago. "Heather?" He called, snapping her back to her senses.

"Hmm?" She asked and sat straight, not wanting him to find her suspicious. "Did you want to ask me something?"

"You were staring." He said and awkwardly chuckled.

"Ahh, I was just thinking about something. Where have you been? I haven't seen you since I got off the train." She asked, expecting him to give a different answer. 

"I had to talk to Noah about the song we're performing tomorrow morning. There had been changes in the lyrics because of Jadis's bad reviews. Everything's under control though, no worries Maya." He said, looking at Maya who looked disturbed. 

He talked to Noah about the changes in their performance inside a creepy mansion? How does that make sense? Flake heard her thoughts and quickly looked at Chase with his brows furrowed.

Dinner time ended and they were asked to go to their rooms with their desired roommates. There are ten rooms with ten separate bedrooms with two beds. Heather, Maya, Flake, Firo, Chase, and Wendy were all in the same room but they will sleep in separate bedrooms. "Maya?" Heather called as both of them unpack their bags. "Have you noticed...I don't know...a mansion?...deep into the forest?"  

"I haven't seen one but I've heard stories about the queen's family's mansion hidden in the forest." Heather stopped unpacking and sat on Maya's bed with an 'interested' look on her face. "Should I keep going?" Heather nodded and Maya sat beside her. "Parailla's queen grew up in the human world so she never knew about the mansion until her friend, her current husband, took her there to protect her. There she knew about her ancestors' past. You've heard of Kim Dayan and Kim Joseph, right?"

"I've read them in the books. They're popular so I know a lot about their story."

"That place is special to the royal family. It was the queen's home and she fell in love with her friend when they were hiding there together. The king and queen didn't have the perfect love story but their feelings for each other started growing since their stay in that mansion."