Chapter 69

Our eyes widened at Alice's statement. It was completely out of the blue for the Volturi to come after them. Yes they were known to interfere when the vampire laws were broken, but the Cullen's haven't broken any laws. In fact, they took keeping their secret very highly.

"What did Irina see when she saw you?" Carlisle asks after a few minutes of silence.

"We were just in the clearing," Bella states glancing around the room, highly confused.

"Ness was catching snowflakes" Jake adds.

"Irina thought Ness was an immortal child," I gasped, knowing now just how bad this whole situation just got.

We all shared worried looks, apart from Jake, Ness and Bella since they had no idea what an immortal child was and how illegal they were in the vampire community.

The immortal children are just as they are named. Children who were turned quite young, too young for their maturity to determine the right way and wrong way to feed. They will act on their primal instincts, meaning they will violently feed until their blood lust is satiated.

Centuries ago there was a few cases of these children destroying entire villages. Such body count was highly risky for the vampires. Most wanted their secret kept within the supernatural world.

It was the Volturi who put an end to immortal children being created. Those found were quickly destroyed along with the vampire who turned them. The vampire community is a highly strict one, where if one rule is broken then the vampire who commited it is immediately ripped apart and burnt to a crisp.

Of course I should have made myself known to the Volturi long ago. Show them that there could be better ways to punish those who broke a rule. Maybe even reprimand them for how horrible their ruling has been. They use fear to control vampires which is why they are hated amongst most covens.

Be it as it may, there was still alot of things to figure out. Which was worrying but also stressful. The packs would definitely have to be notified, especially if the Volturi were coming here. They'd most likely bring a bunch of others on their counsel with them. That amount of vampires could trigger more of the ancient shifter genes to awaken. Meaning more pack members.

If there were anymore pack members, they'd eat poor Emily out of house and home. Good grief.

"What in the name of Merlin are immortal children?" Jake asks breaking the eery silence.

"Vampires who were turned very young," Carlisle states "They have no control over their hunger, making them a force to be reckoned with. Whole villages would be destroyed by them,"

Bella seemed appalled that Irina would even think that Renesme was like those children. In fact, it seemed Irina was impulsive and quick to judge others before even getting an explanation. Of course seeing a flying child, is quite peculiar. But she could of at least heard Bella out. It would have saved us alot of trouble.

"So we'll have to convince them that Renesme isn't like those children," Bella declares more confident as a vampire than she ever was as a human. But it was good on her.

"They might not be willing to listen," Carlisle explains sharing a worried look with Esme.

"Wouldn't they listen to Nyarah?" Jake chimes in "She created vampires afterall,"

"Be it as it may, Jake. The Volturi wouldn't be lenient about this, plus Nyarah isn't a vampire so they would refuse to listen to her. They probably don't even know she created them," Jasper added making sure Alice as alright. She seemed startled by what she saw.

Something told me, she wasn't revealing everything from her vision.

"We could rally up vampires who'd be willing to witness that Ness is half human," I suggested hoping we could come up with something to aid our case.

They all shared a look, pondering my idea before Edward nodded "It's worth a shot. Carlisle we've got friends all over the world,"

"I wont ask them to fight," he says assertively, knowing things could end badly for everyone.

"Not fight, just witness," Edward reassures. None of us want to end up in a fight, but I'd fight along side them if I had too.

We spend the next hour or so trying to come up with plans. Everyone had their own assigned friends to go and explain things to, while Jake and I stayed here to great everyone. With everything made up and flights booked. They'd all set off in the morning, the only thing left to do was inform Sam. Make sure he knew what was going on, hopefully everything doesnt end in a bloodbath......