Chapter 48

While we were talking about everything that was going on Esme went into the kitchen to make some snacks for Bella and I which was nice of her. Alice wanted to feed one of the twins and since they both smell like wolves Jasper agreed to feed the other one. Alice had Cameron and Jasper had Emileah.

"Be careful with Emmie because Seth would kill me if something happened. Well the pack are going to flip out anyway when they smell your scent on us," I say as Jasper held my daughter as if she were a fine piece of delicate China.

"Seth imprinted?" Bella questions as Rose helped her sit up and I thought mobility with my baby bump was hard.

I smiled remembering that day and the look Embry gave him "Yeah it was just awhile after you and Edward left for Rio," I left out the part of Jake imprinting because I knew that he'd want to be the one to tell Bella. Besides when he finds out what happened during Bella's honeymoon, he's going to either be very angry or disappointed.

"I'm so happy for the kid," she smiles before wincing and rubbing her side. Rose positioned her in a more comfortable way.

"Do I even want to know how far along she is?" I asked looking around at all the worried vampires and Esme came back into the room with a bowl of chips and two cups of hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and whipped cream. Bless that women.

"About a week," Carlisle says with a grim look. Everyone was so puzzled by this extremely impossible baby. "However that's just a guess because nothing can penetrate the amniotic sac so I can't even take ultrasounds."

"Wait, can't Alice see it?" I pondered but the pixie like vampire shook her head.

"I've looked into every possible future and they all end up with Bella dead. I can't even see what gender the fetus is," she informed. There was a sad look on her face, she didn't want her sister to die especially because she's barely lived.

"From what I've seen in articles and what not about things like this. The baby can't be born from a natural birth because it will eat its way out of the mother. As much as some of you want to get rid of it, keep in mind that it's just a baby and part human. For all we know, when it's born that baby may even be able to survive on blood and human food," I remark because I know Edward would rather kill his own child then live without Bella.

"But it's going to kill Bella and that is something I can't and won't let happen," Edward says still from his little corner on the room. If looks could kill and I wasn't immortal then I'd be dead right now from the look he was giving me.

"At the end of the day, no matter how much you despise the choices being made. It's something only Bella can decide and she already has. For millennia women have died during childbirth, it was the circle of life. What if it was Rose who was pregnant? Huh do you really think Emmett would deny Rose her dream of having a child," I stated giving back a look with just as much power and he sighed.

With that I began eating some of the snacks Esme brought out for the humans. Despite the fact that I'm not pregnant anymore, I can still eat my weight in junk food to my heart's content. Over these last few weeks my metabolism was starting to strengthen again so I was almost back to my pre pregnancy self. I'll forever have my stretch marks but they will always be a happy reminder of the beautiful children Embry and I created.

I spent a few more hours with the Cullen's before deciding it was time to get home. I told them that I'd keep a look out for things that could help Bella and that I'd be back to check on her in a few days. I really hoped that she gets through this but I was also going to have to find a way to keep this from the pack. They really didn't need to know about this because it would definitely break what little alliance they had with the veggie vamps.

It was my job to keep this a secret, protect Bella and her child at all costs and prevent a supernatural war from breaking out. To think over a year a go I was just moving back here in desperate need to start over but now I have a family of my own and could be the only key to stop a war from brewing. Sometimes I wished my life could be more mundane.......