Chapter 51

With the growl heard and the sound of paws rushing off into the woods I began to panic because I knew Jake was going to tell the pack about Bella. This was what I was hoping to avoid completely but Jake's curiosity had gotten in the way and was now going to mess up everything.

Quickly rushing back into the livingroom I began using my magic to make a mirror that can be used to see things. It's like scrying but without water, it created an imagine of the scene going on deep within the woods.

Jake was dashing through the trees clearing thinking about everything he just found out. Eventually other footsteps could be heard throughout various points of the forest, as they all raced towards the wood yard where they all met up.

I couldn't hear what was being said because no magic can break into something as powerful as their mind link, not even mine. But, from their general expressions it wasn't looking so good, in fact the only one who seemed sympathetic was Seth and Jake.

By just watching the scene it wasn't that hard to decipher that Sam wanted to kill Bella with most of the pack agreeing including Embry and Leah. It was shameful to see this situation unfold since the pack knows how close I am to Bella. However since Jake was the true Alpha it wasn't hard for him to defy Sam as the russet colored wolf began enforcing his own dominance and took off back into the woods, after a few seconds Seth followed then the viewing screen faded away.

Not long after this I heard Jake talking to Edward outside. He said that we needed to keep our guard up because the pack was coming to kill Bella and had the house surrounded meaning none of us could leave. This only saddened my heart.

I walked outside and sat on the steps alone, I needed some fresh air to clear my head. Nature always did make me feel better in times of need but I also decided to sing just to get away from reality for awhile.

I fell by the wayside like everyone else
I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, but I was just kidding myself
Our every moment, I start to replace
'Cause now that they're gone, all I hear are the words that I needed to say

When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, time can heal, but this won't

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather
So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go

Was never the right time, whenever you called
Went little by little by little until there was nothing at all
Our every moment, I start to replay
But all I can think about is seeing that look on your face

When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, some can heal, but this won't

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather
So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go

Would we be better off by now
If I'd have let my walls come down?
Maybe, I guess we'll never know
You know, you know

Before you go
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather
So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go

After finishing the song I let out a long well deserved sigh as I rested my head on my knees gazing out into the forest. It was then when Shayla came out of the treeline and over to me. She must've sensed my mood as she laid at my feet snuggling into my legs. It was only a couple of minutes later when I felt something nudge my head causing me to look up into the brown eyes of a sandy colored wolf. In the distance was a white wolf who was watching over us.

"Hey Seth, I'm so glad you and Leah are here to help look after Bella and her baby,"I say reaching up and petting the spot between his ears. Just then I felt someone sit down beside me.

"He said that despite not really knowing anything about the baby, Bella and her child aren't really a threat. Plus he also wants to protect you and the twins," Jake says causing me to smile. It was really sweet of Seth.

"Awe Seth that's so kind of you. You're like the little brother I've always wanted," I say causing Seth to give the equivalent of a grin with his muzzle before walking back to stand next to his sister.

For awhile Jake and I just sat in silence staring off into the trees. It was nice and peaceful but at the back of my mind I knew that we were being monitored at this moment but not by Seth and Leah. We've become the enemy......