Chapter 15

Once my theory had been made known, they stopped looking at me like I had three heads. Which was a relief. Then Emily started making sandwiches for everyone.

I was lost in my thoughts once again. I was happy that Bella was finally starting to get over the pain of Edward leaving and was now starting to open up her shattered heart again. But it was also quite alarming that Jake hadn't imprinted on her, meaning that whatever they have now might not always be there.

Imprinting is supposed to be such a rare thing but I find that hard to believe since two members from the same pack have already done it, and I even think Jared did as well. But even if not, there was still the likelihood of Jared, Paul and Jake imprinting when they find their soulmate. So maybe it's not that rare afterall. Anyway, I did want both of them to be happy. Even if it's only short lived.

"Does anyone else find it weird that Bella had no scared reaction when Paul shifted?" I asked coming out of my thoughts, it was strange the way Bella had reacted earlier this morning. I mean, yes she was scared that Paul might hurt her but it didn't deter her seeing Paul phase.

"It's because she already saw us in our wolf forms. She was in this clearing and a dark skinned leech was about to attack her, luckily we caught it's scent  and killed it before it could harm her or anyone else, unfortunately it's redheaded girlfriend it still out there, she keeps coming back," Jared says making sure Emily wasn't watching before he quickly grabbed another muffin.

I gasped "I had a vision of that, the day before I started school. I hoped that it didn't come true because I knew what it would lead too," I exclaimed trying to shake the image from my head.

"What would it lead too?" Paul asks exchanging glances with his brothers before finishing the rest of his muffin.

"Think about it, the guy tried to kill Bella but you managed to stop him. Meanwhile the girl keeps coming back no matter how many times you chase her away. They are after someone," I state hoping one of them would get where I was going with this.

"They're trying to kill Bella. They want her, maybe as a ploy to hurt the Cullen's who seem to care for her," Embry states connecting the pieces together and I turned around and kissed his cheek.

"That's right love, and the boys call you stupid. They are wrong," I state turning back around to face everyone. I could feel Embry smirk at his brothers.

It was quiet for a moment as everyone was processing this new found information, coming to terms that more innocent lives would be taken if this problem wasn't dealt with, and fast.

"That's why everyone has been shifting. Sam first shifted when the Cullen's moved back here a few years ago and they hadn't even come onto our land, but now with these nomads coming through it caused the rest of the pack to phase and it'll only amplify the awakening of the gene if it's not stopped," Emily pointed out as she placed cups, a jug of juice and a plate of sandwiches on the table before plopping into Sam's lap.

"Exactly! You my dear are a brilliant young soul. We'll have to go on a relaxing get away together to get away from all this testosterone," I joked whilst sending her a smile and she gave me a wink.

She giggled "That would be a wonderful idea if it didn't hurt us to be away from our imprinters," she says also playing along with the joke.

I sighed "Such a shame though we wouldn't have to go far. But anyway we should all watch over Bella before she doesn't anything more reckless and stupid. Perhaps we could shove her in a bubble for everyone's sake,"

We all ate in silence enjoying the lovely BLT sandwiches that Emily happily made for everyone. That women is a goddess in the kitchen and I can see just how much the boys appreciate her and everything she does for them.

After we finished eating, Embry and I decided to go for a walk along the beach. We walked silently, hand in hand, just enjoying each other's company. The sun was shining brightly today, a rare but welcoming sight around here. A soft breezing blew about ruffling our hair as the water lapped at our sandal cladded feet.

Once we reached the middle of the beach I stopped to gaze out across the beautiful ocean, breathing in the sweet sea salt smell. Embry wrapped his arms around me, from behind, pressing his bare chest into my back whilst nestling his head in the crook of my neck.

The silence was nice, not uncomfortable or awkward. It was peaceful as we watched the sun sink closer to the horizon making pastel colors dance across the sky. Something that was so mundane but never stopped being beautiful.

Suddenly Embry began placing kisses all across my neck. The sensation caused me to shiver but it also tickled a bit. "That tickles," I say as he made his way up to my ear. He stopped just shy of my ear lobe, his hot breath fanning my neck before he gave it a little nip causing my breath to hitch.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He whispers right beside my ear then places a tender kiss on my temple.

I turned around so I was facing him, wrapping my arms around his neck as his snaked around my waist, chests pressed together and our eyes locked before I pressed our lips together in a loving sweet kiss. After a few seconds we pulled away foreheads resting together.

"I take that as a yes," he says with a big smile. He's got the most amazing smile ever, it's so beautiful.

"We are destined soulmates, what did you think my answer would be?" I state because it's not like I could say no. Although even if we weren't destined to be together I'd still say yes because one thing was certain.

I was in love with Embry Call.......