Chapter 53

Embry's p.o.v

These last few days have been absolute hell without Nyarah here and the twins.  It's been taking a massive toll of my health not having her around. I've been trying my hardest to tell Sam that killing Bella and her unborn child is wrong but he wouldn't see reason, not even from Emily who also thinks it's wrong.

What I hate the most is that I can't resist a direct order from the Alpha and it's making me feel like I'm not strong enough. It seemed so easy for Seth and Leah to follow after Jake who was doing everything he could to make sure the Cullen's house was well protected.

Another thing that made me feel terrible was the fact that Nyarah probably thought that I was behind Sam and wanted Bella dead which was wrong. It might be in my nature to kill vampires who try to hurt humans and to protect our tribe but I wouldn't wish harm upon anyone. Sure this is the first time a vampire has impregnated a human but despite the baby being half vampire it was also half human and had every right to live.

I couldn't take being away from the girl I love and my children. With every strength I had, I left the spot I was guarding and rushed towards the Cullen's house. Sam kept demanding that I stay where I was patrolling but my imprint was more important than a demand from Sam.

It felt liberating to finally have enough strength to leave the pack behind as I made my way towards the love of my life.

Once close enough to the house I shifted back into human form from behind a tree and continued on foot. It took a great effort because of how drained and weak I felt but eventually I made it to the Cullen's yard and there sitting on the back porch was Nyarah looking like a goddess in the mid-afternoon sun.

Having probably sensed my presence or caught a glimpse of my aura, she looked up our eyes locking instantly. The frown on her face immediately changed into a beautiful smile as she stood up and ran into my arms. Not wasting any time I smashed our lips together in a kiss full of passion and longing. God I missed her so much.

After a few more minutes she pulled away first resting her head in my chest "I never lost hope that you would come, but I'm so glad that you think Sam's plan is wrong and that you want to help protect Bella and the baby at all costs," she says before looking up at me with those beautiful green eyes with little golden flecks in them, that I love so much.

"I just wished that I had the power to leave sooner because I hated feeling the heartbreak and emptiness that you were feeling. Mind you I wasn't feeling any better but that fact that us being apart for so long was the cause for that pain. Please forgive me!" I say with a pleading look. She didn't say anything for a few moments but then pulled me into another kiss which I took as her accepting my apology.

She smiled "You were never at fault Em, it was hard being away from you but it was Sam's demands that kept us apart. I admire you even more because you were strong enough to leave and I'm just so happy that we are together again," she says and I could feel my heart melt.

I manage to fall in love all over again with Nyarah every single day. She is literally the light in my life that never sees the bad in me and always believes in me. At a time like this it was nice to have her in my life and some friends who also stood up for what is right.

It was truely tragic that Quil, Paul and Jared were all standing behind Sam in the pointless feud it was understandable for Collin and Brady because they were younger and didn't have enough training or power to disobey an order from Sam. But for the rest of them to follow loyally behind Sam even when their own imprints see how horrible their actions are and tries to stop them. It's no use.

Sam has made up his mind and the pack will try everything they can to get rid of the baby inside Bella even if that means killing her in the process.

Our kind was solely created to protect humans from bad vampires but over the last year or so I was starting to see that not all vampires were bad. The Cullen's have given up human blood so they could blend in with humans and because they didn't want to been seen as monsters.

They really care about humans Carlisle even going as far as being a doctor because he loved helping people or Edward falling for Bella much to pre-imprinted Jacobs disliking. Now that Bella was married to Edward the rest of the Cullen's had no problem welcoming her into the family.

Seeing the love they had for one another and their need to help others is one of the reasons why I'm going to help protect Bella. I may not know her that well but she has every right to live and so does her baby..........

Oof what a plot twist, y'all didn't see the pov change coming did you. Haha well anyway I wanted to thanking you all for the support on this book because we're trending #1 in 4 categories at once which is amazing and trending #2 in embrycall. So thank you all so much I love you all so much. Also I've entered this story into the diamond awards over on WHORV06 page. It's a fanfic based awards competition with categories for movies and tv shows so if you'd like to vote for my story that'd be great or you can also enter the contest if you have a book suited for one of the movies or TV shows. But anyway I hope you liked this chapter and thanks for reading....

Bailey