Chapter 30

After about a half hour of Zander just glaring at my boyfriend even though Embry is like a big teddy bear and wouldn't hurt anyone, I decided to go for a walk with Embry. We decided to walk along the beach because it was actually sunny for once.

The radiant waves of heat felt nice on my slightly tanned skin and the sand soft on my bare feet. Embry had his arm wrapped around my waist as we walked in the small swells of the low tide.

"I don't think your brother likes me very much," he says as I stopped to look at the clear sky, void of all clouds for the first time in weeks. Then looking back at him I couldn't help but laugh.

"It's because he just found me after all those years and he doesn't know you yet. Believe me he was like this back at our village, wouldn't let any young warlock talk to me. Of course back then it was all about courting a woman to take for a wife," I say smiling at the memories of Zander threatening every guy in the village so they wouldn't talk to me. It's a good thing I was never interested in them in that sort of way.

"Well now that he's found his soulmate maybe he'll go easy on me," he states hoping my brother will learn to like him. Zander better because they'll be brothers in law one day so he'll need to learn to get along with Embry.

"Maybe but if he even hurts Leah in the slightest I'll castrate him without a second thought," I say laughing as his face turns into a grimince as he thought my threat over.

"That's a bit harsh don't you think," he says not wanting to wish it upon any man ever.

I sighed "No you're right. Ill turn him into a toad, that's a much more satisfying punishment," I concluded although it was a slight lie if my brother hurts my best friend then I'll give him hell and after everything that Leah went through she deserves the world.

After that we decided to head back to my house as it was getting late and I was tired. Once there I threw on some shorts and one of Embry's shirts that he left here before crawling into bed beside him placing my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me placing his hand on my bump whilst the other played with my hair. Most nights I fell asleep line this and after a few minutes I was out like a light.

~~~

The next morning we woke up and went to Emily's because Embry had patrol and I had to make the cookies I promised the boys yesterday since I didn't get to make them due to Zander showing up. So here I was in the kitchen making the cookies while the guys were out. Emily went to see Sue, Leah and Zander were out getting to know eachother. So that just left me and Claire, who was in the livingroom watching cartoons.

I always get caught up with baking and cooking that I often tune everything out. It was important to stay focused when doing such tasks within the kitchen and sometimes things get the jump on me. But this time I managed to hear the guys call thing they do just as I was placing the now cooled cookies on a plate.

"Who's the foxy lady?" Two mysterious voices say and I looked up to see two boys, who were younger than Seth, standing with the pack meaning they just shifted.

"Off limits?" The guys say together with a warning glare. Probably do to with what they just said and something within the pack mind which they can only fully communicate through when in their wolf form. However as humans they can only hear each others thoughts and are not able to answer like when they can as wolves.

Embry then came over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and I shoved a cookie in his mouth which he gladly took "Cookie?" I asked holding out the plate and they all rushed to take one. I made sure they only took one so the others who weren't here could get one.

As if on que Claire walks in from the livingroom and jumps into Quil's lap stealing his cookie just as he was about to eat it. This earned a laugh from everyone when I noticed that the new boys didn't take a cookie so I held the plate in front of them signaling for them to take one. Once they did I took one before giving Quil another one.

"Thanks Cupcake," he says with a smile. It was a good thing that Claire took his cookie because if it was anyone else there would be war, and I'm serious. The guys take their food way too serious well except for Embry who gladly shares his with me. Then I sat down in Embry's lap and it was then that I noticed that Emily and I would have to cook for ten wolves now, on top of ourselves and Claire. Also Zander and sometimes Rachel and Kim. It's a good thing I have enough money to make this work.

Soon the guys began telling me about what happened during patrol. How Victoria had come back causing the boys to shift. I learned that their names are Collin and Brady and that they were a few years younger than Seth. Since they're so young Sam is going to have them stick close to him and probably give them some kind of training to strengthen them. I hope they can keep the secret......

I know that Collin and Brady don't show up till somewhere between the council meeting and the training session with the Cullen's but for the sake of my story they're here now. Also thank you so much for reading, it really does warm my heart...

Bailey