Chapter 11

It seems that I'm like a beacon for awkward moments and situations. For the past four thousand years, no matter where I go, they are attracted to me. Like magnets. From encountering dangerous vampires, to the veggie vamps and always having a stare down with a wolf pack.

Luck was just never on my side, even if I prayed for it to be. Alas things just don't always work out in my favor. So here I stand on the beach in broad daylight with my best friend, who doesn't know about his kind yet, as his future brothers walked towards us. One of them being my soulmate who decided to shut us out of his life, and even though I knew I reason why. I was still upset about it.

"Are they looking for a fight?" Quil asks as the four guys are almost to us. He was confused that they were approaching us even if they has done so a few months ago when I first came back here. I had a feeling I knew what this was about.

"Oh please Quil, they are a bunch of big teddy bear's" I say relaxing a bit as he laughed.

"It's because we're very cuddly," Paul says as they stopped in front of us. He even winked at me, which Embry didn't seem to like as he glared at his pack mate.

"In your dreams Lahote," I replied with a smirk "you're as prickly as a cactus,"

As I said that Quil, Jared and Embry all burst out laughing while Paul playfully rolled his eyes. He's calmed down quite a bit these last few months. It's good though because it doesn't take much for them to lost control and shift, having them shift in public would be even worse so it's great the Paul's working on controlling his anger.

After the laughter died down things became silent again. Quil didn't want to be here because of the fact that Embry joined "The Cult" and he didn't understand why they were even talking to us in the first place.

I looked over at Embry because I missed hanging out with him but also to see if he was alright. Shifting for the first time is really painful. I know that because of the soul bond.

You see when a witch finds their mate it's like both souls are combining into one. So both soulmates can feel each others emotions and what not. I felt everything thing that he did when he began shifting. It hurt so bad that I thought I might shift as well, which I can't but that's what it felt like.

Anyway as I looked over at him we made eye contact. It was for a brief second but his eyes became dazed as he took in a sharp breath, having seen images of us together none the less as he imprinted on me.

The other wolves sensed it and probably seen the images in his mind because of their intertwined thoughts. However he was brought out of his daze by Sam clearing his throat.

"Where's Jacob?" He asked finding it odd that he wasn't with Quil and I. Usually the three of us were inseparable but Jake also divided up his time so he could also spend time with Bella. That boy is hopelessly in love with her.

"Off trying to woo the girl of his dreams. Although she's still hung up on her ex boyfriend that broke her heart," I state. I couldn't lie to him because we both knew Jake was going to shift in roughly a few hours, they needed to know where he was so they could help him.

When he does shift he's going to learn about the vampires and how Bella is in love with one of them. It's going to crush him that she kept a huge secret from him even though he's going to have to keep this secret from her, unless he imprints on her.

"Do you know when he'll be back?" Jared asks wanting to help out his soon to be new pack brother.

I sighed "I really can't say young pup," it wasn't a total lie but they were going to a late Show, but they might come back early because I heard the movie Bella wanted to see was really bad.

"Come on Quil lets go," I say looping my arm through his and began leading him away. We walked silently but when we were about ten feet away, I heard the boys talking.

"He's only just shifted and has imprinted already," Paul coos and somehow I know he ruffled Embry's now short hair.

"Awe our little Embry is growing up so fast," Jared chimes in sounding like a proud mom.

"I always knew Jared would be the pack mom," I mumbled low under my breath knowing Quil couldn't hear me, but the boys definitely did.

I walked Quil back to his house. He didn't say much about the strange conversation on the beach but we talked for a while and he told me some of his corny jokes that he thought were hilarious, but really weren't. Then I said goodbye and made my way home.

I made myself something quick to eat before hopping into my PJs and flopped down on my bed. After reading for while I finally decided to go to bed.

I drifted off dreaming about the boy who never seemed to leave my thoughts........