Chapter 58

Our cute moment was cut short by the sounds of a battle going on outside. It seems that the pack have decided to attack afterall, despite my warning earlier. Embry and I both locked eyes before he got up and ran towards the back yard.

"Rose can you watch the twins I've gotta put a stop to this once and for all," I say standing up and handing Renesme back to her as she nodded. I smiled at her before following after the love of my life.

Outside was a battle ground and we were outnumbered greatly. I had to do something fast before someone gets severely hurt, or ends up dead. Without a second thought I barged through the defensive line of Cullen's and positioned myself between Leah and Embry. My eyes never leaving the pack standing in front of us, and my eyes began glowing yellow in the darkness.

Raising my hands up in front of me they began glowing and with a snap of my fingers, the pack was turned back into their human forms, only they had clothes on because seeing them naked is something I didn't need to see.

"Stop this right now, you cannot kill this baby because she's part human and Cameron's imprint. Meaning that Renesme is now apart of the pack and so are the Cullen's," I state my voice radiating with power as the pack stood up, their eyes never leaving the ground and I felt Embry grab my hand.

It was then that I decided it was the best time to tell them the stories about how I created them and the vampires since only Jake, Quil and Embry knew that I also created the vampires.

"About a thousand years after I watched my village burn, I had finally worked up the strength to befriend a human. I hadn't liked humans that much after what those humans did to the village. However I learned to only despise the ones who lit the match and learned that not all humans were bad.

This human I befriended was a girl named Astrid and we became as close as sisters. She brought the light back into my life and was always there for me when I needed her. She even knew that I was a witch and swore to protect my secret until death.

Well since the world of medicine was so underdeveloped back then Astrid became very sick and nobody could find out what was wrong with her. Since this ailment seemed new there was no way I could cure her with magic and even if I could've, magic can't cure everything. There are limitations.

Anyway she ended up dying in my arms and watching her die was too much for me. So I used necromancy to bring her back, it was the darkest form of magic that our coven swore never to use. Yet here I was, the last witch, so lonely and desperate for a friend, someone to call family after mine had been murdered.

The magic brought Astrid back but there were complications. She was as cold as ice, hard as stone, looked impossibly breathtaking but had a thirst for blood.

Being part human, she bit me but soon pulled away and puked up my blood. My blood was revolting to her and upon realising what she did her blood red eyes widened as my wound began healing. Scared and confused she ran away at the speed of light and that was the last I saw of her.

She began turning people into her kind, more and more began mass killings and the world turned to chaos. Around this time I was staying with the Quileutes and once vampires began invading their land I gave them their powers. I didn't want to be the only immortal supernatural being anymore so that's why I didn't hesitate when they came to me for help.

I had been hoping that they could learn to get along with the vampires and we could all live in harmony with eachother, but alas things just weren't meant to work out that way.

The moral of the story is that I did a very bad thing and had to suffer the consequences for centuries. But now can be a time to heal and end the feud between your kinds because we're all family now in one way or another.

It's time to put our differences aside,"

Everyone had remained quiet and listened as I told the story from the darkest part of my past. It was so silent that you could hear a pin drop. Its the first time that I've ever told that story, not even Zander knew about that part of my past.

But I hoped that my explanation of everything would be enough to make everyone see things differently from now on and to realize that we're all family now and families need to watch out for eachother.......