Chapter 6

I couldn't pay much attention in school today because I was worried about Bella. She kept looking around for Edward and his siblings wondering why they weren't at school today. It was a very cloudy day so there was no reason for them not to attend, which confused Bella.

However, I knew the exact reason why they weren't here, as Alice had stated last night. They were going away. Moving because people were noticing that their father, who's a doctor, wasn't aging like he should be.

But poor Bella was left in shambles as she worried for her boyfriend and his family. At lunch time her eyes never left the vacant table where they usually sat, barely even focusing enough to answer questions that my new friends asked her. She was lost in her own mind and I feared that it would only get worse when she found out about the Cullen's moving.

She was so distracted that I had to keep an eye on her in gym so she didn't get hurt. Luckily we were playing badminton and I offered to be her partner. It was my job to defend both our sides of the court because she was almost in a daze like state.

When the final bell rang I changed and walked Bella to her ancient truck that was parked next to my iconic blue one "I'm sure you'll find out why they weren't at school, maybe one of them got sick," I say finally able to bring her out of her daze. Knowing well enough that they couldn't get sick.

"Yeah maybe, I'm sure Edward will come see me when I get home so he tell me what's wrong," she says with a sigh, trying to believe her words.

"Anyway I'll see you later. Remember if you need anything don't be afraid to give me a call," I declare giving her a kind smile.

"You got it," she says hopping into her truck before starting the engine as I got into mine. I gave her a small wave before we both pulled out of the parking lot.

After arriving back home I decided going on a walk to clear my head. Pushing through the little path by my house I made my way down to First Beach. The waves lapping across the damp sand was always a calming pleasant sound and kept my mind at peace. Watching the sun dipping slowly towards the horizon was entrancing.

"It's quite the sight isn't?" A voice I knew to well spoke, breaking me from my sun gazing. I looked over and saw Embry standing beside me to the point that our arms were almost touching, he was looking at the breathtaking array of colors painted across the evening sky.

I blushed slightly at our close proximity before smiling, turning back at the mesmerizing colors "Yeah I don't think I've ever seen such a pretty sunset," I say looking back over at him at the same time he looked back at me.

"Well that's the perks of living by the ocean," he states returning my smile, a small gleam in his brown eyes.

"Nature will always be beautiful. Every plant and animal forever holds a place in my heart," I reply and his smile only gets brighter.

"Did you know that your hair turns a beautiful coppery color in the sunlight?" He asked making my cheeks flush crimson.

"I did know that, just as yours turns a beautiful auburn color in the sunlight," It was his turn to blush as he looked away which made me giggle.

"You're cute when you're shy," I tell him, though I don't know where all this new found courage came from. It must be the soul bond that we have.

"You don't find me awkward?" He asks finally looking back at me after a few seconds.

Reaching forward I grabbed his hand "No not at all. It's ok to be shy. Sometimes it takes alot for people to open up and come out of their shells but it's nothing to worry about," I smiled at him as he looked into my green eyes.

"You're very wise you know," he mumbled but I heard him loud and clear.

"I have a lot of time to sit down and think," I reply. It's not a complete lie because I do have alot of time on my hands to stop and think about various things.

"NYARAH" a voice yelled making us jump apart slightly. I turned around to see Jake sprinting towards us across the sand, a worried look on his face.

He stopped a foot away from us and took a minute to catch his breath "Jake what's wrong?" I asked with a concerned look.

"Have you seen Bella?" He asks almost panicking as he tried to get the words out.

"Not since school ended. Why?" I reply and his eyes go wide as he stared at Embry and I.

"She's missing!" Jake blurts out "Her father is assembling a search party and I thought you'd like to come look for her,"

Embry and I shared a look as if almost coming to the same agreement "I'll come too," he says as Jake let's out a sigh of relief.

"Great I'll meet you there," he says before running back the way he came. While I ran back towards my house with Embry in tow where we climbed into my truck before driving towards forks.

I hope this wasn't because of Edward.......