Chapter 35

This was it. The fight against the newborn army is happening today and all the girls were worried about the pack. Well except Claire because she doesn't know what's going on and we will keep it that way.

Jacob is already on the mountain with Bella and her sparkling fairy princess boyfriend, he carried her up to the camp site last night and would keep in contact with the guys for Bella's sake. As soon as the boys head out, Seth was to take Jake's places and Collin and Brady were staying around here to watch over the tribe.

The pack was ready to head out but most of the imprints weren't having any of it, where as I just stood next to Zander shaking my head slightly.

"They'll be alright girls, besides Zander is a very powerful warlock and he won't let any harm come to them," I state glancing at my brother who immediately nodded his head.

"That's right, I'll kick some vampire ass and make sure nobody gets hurt especially Leah," he confirmed and I laughed.

"I'm certain Leah can look after herself, but if anyone of you die out there or come back hurt, I'm gonna be one stressed out pregnant witch," I warned and they nodded.

"I mean it and protect my precious Seth," I say and Seth gives me a wink. Just like Quil he jokingly flirts with me, sometimes it causes drama but we didn't care.

"Hey only I can jokingly flirt with Cupcake," my best friend says giving Seth a playful nudge which caused the young wolf to laugh.

"Actually none of you can flirt with her, even jokingly, she's the mother of my child and my imprint," my jealous boyfriend concludes earning laughs from his brothers and me.

I gave a fake pout and looked over at Leah "Well there goes our plans to run away together and elope, Lee," I say and she comes over and wraps her arm around my waist placing her head on my shoulder.

"No it doesn't we still can and we will, we need to get away from testosterone and be around more estrogen," she says and our boyfriend's faces are the funniest things ever. It was a combination of shock and disbelief, classic.

"Oh my gosh, you should see you're faces right now it's priceless," Jared says looking over at Embry and Zander who just got fake dumped. Not really though because we could never leave them, since our souls are connected to them then it would be very painful to not be with them plus we loved them too much to do something like that. Leah and I joke around like this all the time, it eases the tension.

With all jokes aside the pack then left and would keep tabs with Collin and Brady who were patrolling the woods and they would come to us if anything were to happen.

To keep our minds busy, we decided to bake some things with Claire. It was best not to talk about the fight around her but our eyes said it all. We were terrified something bad was going to happen to them. A few weeks ago I had a vision of Jake getting hurt real badly, I was just hoping that it didn't happen today, that's the last thing I need. One of my best friends in so much pain.

~~~~

It's been hours since the pack left and we were on the verge of pulling out hair out. I was trying not to worry, I mean I could feel everything Embry was and it wasn't anything major but still. It was then that I realized that he's going to feel everything I do during labor, which is going to suck for the both of us, but at least the end result will be worth it.

Anyway we hadn't heard anything from Collin and Brady which was good. However my enhanced hearing picked up the sounds of battle in the distance which did nothing to settle my nerves, but I tried to keep calm for my baby's sake, I was being strong for Emileah.

After a few more hours Collin and Brady burst into the house, pained expressions upon their young faces. Something was wrong.

"It's Jake, he had broken all the bones on the right side of his body. The guys are taking him to Billy's," Collin yells and we all gasped. This was just like in my vision, I should've told him about it.

Emily and I hurried over to Billy's to see the pack all standing outside. We left Kim and Rachel at the house to keep an eye on Claire but I was going to text them when need be. Jake's screams could be heard somewhere in the house and the boys cringed at the sound.

"A vampire got its arms around him, as he was trying to protect Leah, the Docs re-breaking his bones because they healed so fast and didn't set right" Sam says as we approached them and I began shaking my head.

"My god I'm so stupid, I should've warned him. I'm such an idiot!" I exclaimed and Embry walked over and just being in his presence made me calm down.

He wrapped me up in his arms "You had a vision of this?" He asks and I nod my head which was pressed tightly to his chest and he rubbed my back.

"It's not your fault Cupcake, you didn't know it would happen today," Quil says placing his hand on my shoulder, having them both comfort me did help and soon I felt better.

Awhile later Bella pulled up in her ancient truck a look of worry on her face. As she reached us Jake let out another horrendous scream making my bones shake.

"Oh Zander can't you take his pain away?" I asked looking over at my big brother and he nods.

"He can do that?" Leah questioned staring at her imprint and I smiled.

"Yeah all witches and warlocks specialize in unique talents. I can read auras and Zander can heal people and take their pain away," I explained and they looked hopeful. So Zander was going to take Jake's pain away once Carlisle was done helping him, hopefully he'll make a full recovery.......