Chapter 73

There was a loud whoosh as Rosalie came into the room. Gigantic smile across her face. Emmett came in shortly after, but at a normal pace. There was no hiding the smirk on his face.

"Oh that's so exciting! Congratulations!" Rose says pulling me into a hug and Emmett clapped Embry on the shoulder.

"As exciting as this news is, sadly it'll have to wait to be celebrated. We have figured out the interaction with the Volturi will happen tomorrow so tonight we must prepare," Carlisle says from the doorway, Esme stood next to him with a lovely smile.

"Really, on Christmas? Stupid Volturi," I mumbled earning a laugh from my brother who stood behind me.

"We've called Emily and asked her to watch the twins, she's on her way now," Esme says bending down to hug the little tykes.

"Yeah, we get to see aunty emiwy," Cameron cooed. He loved visiting the cottage, plus the twins got along great with Claire who just loved them.

On that note, I used magic to get their things ready and not long after Emily knocked on the door. We exchanged holiday cheer and hugged before saying goodbye. Wishing eachother to stay safe.

With the twins safely out of harm's way, we all began making our way to the big clearing that they fought the newborn army in last year. I could hear the packs all around the area chosen to make a camp. Some tents were set up, mostly for Ness and anyone who actually needed sleep.

Jake began making a fire as Embry placed logs around in a circle. It kind of reminded me of the tribe meetings I've been at. As we sat down some of the vampires began gathering and soon the story telling began.

They each told tales of fighting in wars and battles they one. It was pretty interesting and it was fun. Doing something so mundane took my mind off of the things that were going to happen in the morning. I was finally going to meet this Volturi that all vampires were scared of.

If need be I'd put them in their place. I gave them their immortality afterall, I can take it away without a struggle.

Once everyone was done telling stories, I choose a tent to sleep in. Embry came in not long after and we both fell asleep quickly. I dreamed about a big fight between this Volturi and our allies. It was horrible, seeing Carlisle, Jasper, Seth, Leah and some others die.

There were losses on both sides but ours seemed like the worst. For some reason there was a massive crator in the ground that supernatural beings were trying to avoid but some weren't so lucky as the toppled over the edge.

I saw that Alice was also there and fighting one of the Volturi members, a blonde woman. She brought her over to Sam where he killed her without a thought. It was all so much too take in to the point where I jolted awake.

My body was covered in a thick layer of sweat. Heart beating out of control, and my breathing was heavy. I really hoped that this dream didn't become real. This was one of those times I wish I wasn't psychic.

"It's alright Nye, it was just a dream," Embry says sitting up next to me. He pulled me into his arms, rubbing my back gently. Saying soothing things in my ear to get me to calm down a bit.

"I hope it was only just that. It was horrible," I say once my breathing evened out and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I know. I could feel your emotions. You don't have to talk about it though love if it pains you that much," he states running fingers through my hair.

We layed back down and cuddled for awhile before drifting back to sleep. Luckily I didn't have anymore dreams and the rest of my slumber was peaceful. Hopefully nothing happens tomorrow.....

Hey everyone this book only has a few more chapters left. I'm going to try and finish it either tonight or within the next day. Thank you all so much for reading and showing this book so much love. It means the world to me. Stay amazing.

Bailey