Chapter 14

I can't believe that Bella just slapped Paul in the face. Does she have a death wish? With all the amount of stupid shit I've seen this girl do, she just crossed a thin line. It would be best if I just encased her in a protective bubble for everyone's own good, that way she can't make anymore rash and stupid decisions.

Paul wasn't thrilled to have a hand whipped across his face as he immediately began breathing harder, almost like a growl. You could see the anger building up inside him as his body shook causing his skin to ripple. Bella just stared wide eyed with her mouth agape, not knowing what was about to happen.

"Bella get back," Sam and I declared at the same time knowing perfectly well what would happen if she didn't. Sam still hasn't forgiven himself for what happened with Emily, so Paul doesn't need to also have something like that on his conscious even if she isn't his imprint.

The pale girl made no intention of moving so I grabbed her hand and pulled her back. In a matter of seconds Paul's wolf bursted through his skin and replaced where he once stood, almost scratching Bella. I immediately stood in front of her in a protective stance, a low growl rippling deep within my throat.

Paul growled even louder as he began advancing trying to get to Bella but I wouldn't let him hurt her. Slowly my eyes turned into a shocking yellow color and I only knew that because I saw them reflected in Paul's eyes.

"Stand down Paul," I demanded glaring into his eyes, magic was seeping through my fingers, and then he let out a whine before sinking to the floor. He looked up at me shyly as I moved Bella a few steps back. But his deminor didn't last long as Jake emerged from the house.

"Jake run," Bella yells as she ran towards him but managed to fall as he pounced over her, shifting in mid air as he growled at Paul, who was now back on his feet. Then the two wolves began fighting, but nobody stopped them because they needed to get their anger out.

"Take Bella back to Emily's," Sam says to Jared and Embry before running off after the guys who now took their fight into the woods.

"Guess the wolfs out of the bag," Embry jokes as they made their way over to us. Bella was still sitting on the ground in complete and utter shock.

"That was a neat trick you did there Nye," Jared exclaims patting my shoulder.

"I've never done that before, it must be because I gave the powers to your ancestors," I replied still trying to figure out how I could've made a wolf stand down without being Alpha.

The boys shared a look before Embry shared his theory "It's like you're the Alpha female or something," he joked but it did cause me to smile.

"I don't think Emily would like that theory," I chuckled before turning to Bella and offered her my hand which she gladly took and I easily helped the poor girl up.

"Come on, let's get going. Let Em drive because you're in no shape to," I say gently and she nods before handed Embry the keys then allowed me to guide her to the truck.

I was sandwiched between Embry and Bella whilst Jared stood in the truck bed. Using magic I rolled Bella's window down so she could get fresh air, wouldn't want her to get sick or anything. The drive was quiet due to the fact that the girl just needed some time to think things over and soon we were parked outside the adorable little house that belonged to Emily Young.

The boys did this call like thing before hopping out, I followed suit, getting out from the driver's door. But Bella stayed in the truck. "Maybe we should go back and see if Jake's okay," she stats in a worried tone.

"Oh Jacob deserves it, let Paul sink some teeth into him," Jared exclaims walking to the front of the truck but Embry thought otherwise.

"No way," he says looking at his pack mate "Jake's a natural. Did you see him phase on the fly? I've got five bucks that says Paul doesn't touch him," I too agreed with my soulmate.

"Come on in Bella, we won't bite," Embry calls taking note that the girl still hadn't moved.

"Well Jared might," I say as we walked into the house ahead of Embry. We were greeted to the smell of freshly baked blueberry muffins that Emily was just taking out of the muffin tin. Jared wasn't slow at grabbing one before plopping down at the table.

"You guys hungry? Like I have to ask," Emily says as Embry came in and took a seat beside Jared. He pulled me down so I was sitting in his lap and he wrapped his arms around me.

Then Bella walked inside and stood awkwardly by the door. "Who's this?" Emily asks looking over at the pale girl.

"Bella Swan who else," Jared says shoving his face full of muffin which made me laugh.

"So you're the vampire girl?" She asks before putting the basket of muffins on the table and I grabbed one giving it to Embry.

"So you're the wolf girl?" Bella states coming over to stand by the stairs.

Emily laughed "I guess so, well I'm engaged to one," just then Jared went to grab another muffin, not even done with the first one yet but Emily stopped him.

"Save some for your brothers," she scolded causing him to put the muffin down "And ladies first. Muffin?" She asked looking at Bella who took one before saying thanks.

I sort of spaced out for the rest of the conversation about how Jake managed to get around Sam's gag order but I was brought back to reality when a muffin was brought into my line of sight. I leaned forward and took a bite of the muffin that Embry wanted to share with me. Then leaned my head back into his bare chest.

"Stop telling her our trade secrets, dammit, this chick runs with vampires," Jared says yelling Embry who just wanted to share the secret with Bella, now that she knows about it.

"You can't really run with them, because they are fast," she says point black. If only she knew that there were faster things out there.

"Yeah well we're faster, are you frightened yet?" Jared retorts trying to deter her but she doesn't even flinch.

"You're not the first monsters I've met," she states truthfully. Or the last I thought because there were tons of mythical things out there.

"Jake's right, you are good with weird," Sam says walking into the room and over to Emily where they started being adorable. They were such a cute couple.

Then Paul comes in and apologies for losing his temper and the boys take note of the scar fading on his shoulder. Jared begrudgingly hands Embry five bucks, while Jake stood by the door. He motioned for Bella to follow him and she happily did. As they left I noticed something that wasn't there before and the sudden realization of it made me happy.

"Awe that's so cute," I cooed as they left the house and my smile widened.

"What is it love?" Embry asks as everyone looked over at me, probably thinking I was weird by my sudden reaction.

"Their auras are the same color now," I state happily clapping my hands together.

"Meaning?" Paul says just as confused as everyone else making me remember that they know nothing about my power to read auras.

I looked at them all with the biggest smile I could muster "They are falling in love with eachother,"........