Chapter 70

With everything happening so fast and our discussion ending late into the night, Jake and I ended up sleeping over. I called Emily and told her about everything. She didn't mind watching the kids for the night, and with that we all went to bed. Those of us that still sleep, that is.

The next morning seemed like a blur, we were watching everyone rush about getting their things, when it was discovered that Alice and Jasper weren't in the house. This caused Bella to begin worrying, since she didn't know why Alice and Jasper would just up and leave.

We all were standing along the back porch when Sam, Jared and Paul came into view. Clasped in Sam's hand was a note.

"Alice asked me to pass this on to you. She and Jasper passed through our lands early this morning," he says handing Bella the note. Peaking around Jake, I glanced down at the elegant writing sprawled beautifully across the paper.

Gather everyone before the snow begins to stick. That's when they'll come.

That didn't give us much time, it was almost Christmas and not long after is when the snow usually starts to stick to the ground. At least around here.

"That is a window that's slowly closing, you'd better all leave today," I state looking around at everyone.

"You'll watch the house while we're gone right?" Esme asks with a smile which I replied with a nod.

Her and Carlisle were going to Egypt to ask some friends of theirs to be a witness to Renesme's half human side. While they do that, Rose and Emmett are going to track down some nomads who might also be willing to help. Which leaves Bella, Edward and Jake to take Ness up to Alaska to try and convince their cousins that their sister made a mistake.

Which left me to hold down the fort, on top of watching my mischievous children who definitely spent way too much time with their uncle Paul and uncle Jared.

When everyone left, I went and got the twins before stopping to get some clothes and baby essentials at the house before returning to the Cullen's. Once inside I found out that Embry had made his way here and was chilling on the couch in the open livingroom.

"Dada!" Emmie screamed reaching out her little arms towards him. Upon hearing her, he looked up from the game he was playing on his phone. I brought her over and placed her in his lap.

"Hi princess," he says as she snuggled into him, which was the cutest thing ever.

"My god they have us whipped," I chuckled sitting down next to him with Cameron, who looked around the room with sad eyes.

"Ness Ness," he mumbled trying to spot his imprint, a tear slipping down his cheek when he couldn't find her.

"It's alright baby boy, Ness Ness will be back soon," I reassured him, rubbing my hand along his back as he nestled his face in the crook of my neck.

Even as a baby, the bond between him and Ness was strong. Although it was completely platonic at the moment, they both are really fond of eachother. Right now Ness, despite being the same age is like a big sister to him and he relies greatly on her. So the fact she isn't here, when he knows this is her house is making him upset.

Emileah on the other hand was content in Embry's lap as she fumbled with the fabric of his t-shirt, grabbing small fist fulls. A big smile on her face as she gazed about the room. After a few seconds she stopped and her eyes turned a striking blue. Her smile widened as she turned her head towards the opened back door.

"Seth!" She exclaims before looking back at us. In the distance, the sound of paws hitting the soft snow in the forest could be heard. Meaning someone was patrolling.

I hadn't that slightly idea of which wolf it was, however Embry probably knew through the pack mind. Just as I was about to ask him if it was, Emmie bursted into happy giggles as she clapped her hands together, still looking at the door. A few minutes later human Seth waltzed through the door.

"I see you guys are house sitters now," he jokes coming to sit on the other side of Embry. Emmie crawled out of her dad's lap and into Seth's.

"Seth!" She yelled looking up at him with a big smile. He smiled back as she snuggled into him and began falling asleep. It was adorable.

"Just until everyone gets back," I replied while repositioning Cameron in my arms "I'm guessing Jake informed everyone on what's going on,"

"Yeah. He said that there's going to be alot more vampires in the area and to watch out for new shifters," He states wrapping his arms around Emmie so she didn't fall.

"When are we ever going to catch a break?" Embry asks letting out a defeated sigh.

"Hopefully soon," I reply resting my head on his shoulder.

It would be nice for all of this drama to just die out and we could go back to living semi normal lives. Ones where we weren't constantly looking over our shoulders or fighting amongst eachother. Days where nothing was trying to kill us or tear our big family apart.

Seeing that day will be amazing. Hope it's not too much to ask.......

Hey everyone, sorry it took so long to update. I've been busy with work and my new pet guinea pig Merlyn. She takes up alot of my spare time now. I can't believe that I began writing this over a year ago and how popular it's gotten. Its amazing and I'm really thankful for all of you showing it so much love. Thanks so much for reading and I'll try to update the next one quicker.

Bailey