Chapter 64

After saving the unicorn, we all went back to the house. Embry was still confused about how Zander and I knew Lucinda, or Lucy as we called her. Entering the livingroom we saw Quil making silly faces at the twins and laughing as they erupted in a fit of adorable giggles.

"I think it's time for some explaining," I state looking over at Embry who nodded. That was when Quil noticed Lucy.

"Who's the girl, Cupcake?" He questions as Lucy gushed over the twins with a smile.

"Well if you give me a second to sit down, then I'll tell you. Porcupine," I say watching him cringe at the nickname.

"That's a terrible nickname there Cupcake," he adds rolling a ball towards Cameron, who clapped before nudging it back with his little hand.

I sat down on the couch "Come children come gather around Momma," I joked causing them to laugh. They all sat around me, Quil still playing with the twins on the floor.

"Alright well this is Lucy. She is a banshee that lived in the village next to ours. It was a village full of other banshees just like ours was full of other magical people. Anyway, our villages would often get together for fun festivals and other things. That's when Zander and I met Lucy. We became fast friends and would often visit eachother and play around in the flower meadow close by," I say to Quil and Embry who nodded.

"So banshees are practically immortal like us?" Embry says as more of a question and I nod.

"Yeah, hence why she still looks young," Zander replies picking up Emmie who was pulling on his pant leg.

"Are they warlocks too?" Lucy asks wondering what they meant by being practically immortal.

"Oh no, wolf shifters. Long story short, I had a friend who died. Tried bringing her back to life but ended up creating the first vampire. After some time I created the shifters because I was lonely and intended for them to get along with the vamps, but they became enemies that is until we met a clan of vamps who only drink animal blood and are now one big supernatural family," I say trying to explain as much as I could without going over the entire story because we'd be here for hours.

"Who are these cuties?" She asks grabbing Cameron's little hand as he used the couch to pull him up on his feet.

"Mine," I say as she gasps putting a hand over her mouth.

"Really, that's amazing. Who's the father," she gushed running her fingers through Cams hair.

"I am," Embry says proudly, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I can't believe you found your soulmate," she cooed clapping her hands together "Have you Zander?"

Zander had a goofy grin on his face as he thought about Leah "Yeah, she's amazing," he says looking like Paul or Jared when they thought about their imprints. I loved our big family so much.

After a while of chilling in the livingroom, I told Lucy she was welcome to stay here as long as she like before making dinner for everyone. It felt great being back in the kitchen. I decided to make lasagna because I loved it and it's been awhile since I've had it.

As I cooked, I made the decision to go visit Emily tomorrow as I missed her and haven't seen her in ages. I went from seeing her everyday, to not seeing her at all and it hurt because she was like a sister to me. I missed her and Claire so badly.

Once dinner was ready, I made sure Lucy got some as well as myself before leaving the rest to fight for themselves. While they were digging in, I fed the twins before eating as well. It was delicious but also made me miss cooking with Emily. A goddess among mortals, well at least she could be one in disguise.

"I didn't know you could cook Nye," Lucy says after finishing her meal with a smile.

"Well when you spend four thousand years on your own, you pick up loads of hobbies and talents," I say with a shrug. There were alot of things that I'd learned over the years some things that really eased my mind, while others were simply things that I wanted to learn. Like knitting.

We talk some more before calling it a night. Quil ended up passing on the couch as Lucy took the last guest room. It didn't take me long after my shower to flop into bed and bury myself in the covers while Embry put the kids to bed.

All snuggled up under the warm blankets, I fell into a calm sleep......

Hey guys, sorry it's been awhile for this chapter. I've been busy working on other stories plus I'm co-writing one with my friend Maria. Anyway I also want to inform you that next chapter Nyarah is going to sing Emily a song, but the song only came out this year and I know it doesn't fit with the time zone of the story but the song is fitting for the reunion. With that being said, thanks for reading.

Bailey