Chapter 74

This was it. Our standoff with the Volturi. In hopes of clearing the Cullen's name and proving to them Renesme isn't an immortal child. We were all walking into the clearing, accompanied by the wolves. Embry walked alongside me in his wolf form, Jake not too far off guarding Ness as she walked in between her parents.

The nerves were building up withing me and I really prayed to my ancestors that my dream from the night prior, didn't come to pass. Embry nuzzled me with his snout, sensing my anxiety. I smiled at him.

Across the way I could make out the figures of the Volturi and their posse. They had loads of witnesses with them, which honestly made this whole thing look like a war. Just like in my dream.

The head guy from the other side asked to see Ness up close. So Bella brought her over with Edward, Emmett and Jake. They exchanged words before Alice came out of the trees not far away from us, Jasper not far behind. Two people followed behind them.

It turns out the man was just like Ness and has been able to thrive without exposing Vampire kind. He lives off of blood and human food, just like her. He's lived with his human aunt for all his life without killing her, that is until something happened where he need to turn her. Much like how Carlisle saved each member of his family from dying.

The man is from deep in the Amazon, which explains the clothing attire. Much like that of Zafrina and her friend who are also from the Amazon.

Aro still seemed hesitate about the whole ordeal. However Alice managed to convince him by showing him a vision.

"It's just like what you saw last night," Edward says from beside me "what would've happened if he didn't see reason,"

I let out a sigh of relief knowing that my terrible nightmare wouldn't actually happen. The last thing I needed was to lose my family again. Alice talked to the Volturi more and in the end Kate and Tanya had to watch as their sister was killed for giving false information. However I wasn't going to let them get away with all the things they have done.

With power in my stride, I made my way over to where Alice stood. Embry and Jake following behind just in case something happened. Alice pulled me into a hug once I stopped next to her which I returned. Then I faced the Volturi.

They weren't much to look at, skin as white as paper. They looked like they might blow away in the wind, at least the three standing in front of everyone.

"A witch! Haven't seen one of those before," Aro states taking in my appearance "Quite a pretty one at that,"

I scoffed "This witch is mated to a shifter and quite happy. I'm not just any witch, vampire. I'm the creator of vampires as well as shifters. The Quileutes call me Earth Goddess,"

They seemed shocked at my statement but I didn't really care if they believed me or not. Since Ive got more power over them even if they didn't know it.

"It has been brought to my attention that you rule quite poorly. Bella says you lure innocent humans into your castle just to feed off them, which is deeply wrong. Is it hard to go after criminals? Anyway if you do not clean up your act and change your cruel ways, you find your vampirism slowly deplete from you and you shall die as you should have oh so long ago," I threaten. Magic seeping through my fingers just to get the point across.

"How are you to know if we don't do as you ask?" Aro asks with a cocky smirk, which made me want to slap him into oblivion.

"I'm the most powerful witch at the moment, so I have my ways of knowing things. However one day my daughter will fulfill a prophecy by having the power to turn those worthy enough into magical people so if word gets out that you don't do as I say, well there just might be an army of witches and warlocks willing to take you out once and for all," I declared before turning on my heal and walking back to our side of the clearing.

And with the last word, we all went back to the Cullen's house. It was time to rejoice our victory......