Chapter 62

We have been home for a few hours now and it was great to sit back and just relax. Quil was playing with the twins on the floor, making faces at them so they would giggle. It was adorable. Embry went into the kitchen to make some cocoa for us which I was excited for. With winter on its way, it was the perfect time for hot chocolate.

"Hey cupcake I have a question about witches," Quil states looking over at me with a curious expression.

"Ask away Quil," I reply folding my legs underneath me as I got into a comfy position on the couch.

"What age do magical people start developing their magic? Is it from birth or later on?" He asks as Embry came back into the room. I found it nice that he wanted to know about my kind, and I was happy to educate anyone who wanted to know more.

"Well it's usually around the age of 16, however everyone is different. Some develop it earlier than 16 or later. As long as we keep doing magic then we'll never age. There were those who used magic to make them selves look older, especially those who had children. Made us blend in slightly better," I explain while Embry passed out the hot chocolate which was topped with whipped cream, marshmallows and cinnamon.

"So it's kinda like around the time when people go through puberty then. Some get it earlier than others," Embry says plopping down beside me placing his legs across my lap.

"It's a bit like that yeah, only my kind goes through puberty around the time humans do, since we are half human," I informed causing them to nod their heads in understanding.

It was quiet for a moment or two, besides the babbling of the twins. Then Embry broke the silence "You said that each person in your coven develop certain abilities that are unique to them," he smiled down at Cameron who was playing with Emmie's hair.

"Yeah," I say taking a sip of my drink, it tasted like liquid heaven.

"Are all those abilities different, or within the same category's?" Quil's says knowing where Embry was going with his statement.

"The majority of those abilities are different from one another, however since our coven was so big there were people who shared the same abilities. Most of them are genetic related, so within the same families. I knew a girl who could turn something into any gem she wanted by just touching it and thinking of said gem," I explain finding their curiosity so heart warming.

"Like King Midas," Embry says bending down to roll a ball across the floor towards Emileah.

"Yeah only his was just gold and everything he touched with his bare hand, turned into it. Nataliya was able to still touch things without them turning into gems, she had very good control over her power," I responded whilst pulling back the recliner to stretch out my legs.

It was sad thinking about my late coven but it also brought back great memories with them. Things were so different back then and it made me wonder how everyone would react to modern day society. Some of them would be fascinated by technology probably wondering if it was magical or not. When in reality it was just science.

We talked for a few more hours when Zander came into the room. Probably just getting back from hanging with Leah. They decided to wait awhile before planning their wedding, wanting everything to calm down. Although it seems Forks can't ever give us a break and there was always a new thing threatening the supernatural beings that lived here.

Zander was about to say something, when a ear shattering screech stopped him in his tracks. It sounded like a woman, however not even close to a human scream.

"What in the name of Taha Aki was that?" Quil blurts out with widened eyes. Looking down at the twins, I saw that their hands were covering their ears only confirming that they could hear it since it didn't sound that close to us.

"It sounded like....." I say dropping my sentence as I tried to think if it really could be one. Zander takes in a deep breath before finishing my statement.

"A banshee,".........