Chapter 40

We were all just hanging out in the kitchen. Collin and Brady were out on patrol with Sam, they were still wrapping their heads around the whole shifting thing, but they are getting the hang of things.

Just then Claire toddled up to me with her famous puppy dog eyes "Auntie Nyrah can we go play on the beach?" She asks with a cute smile that I couldn't say no to and since it was nice out, I agreed.

"Of course Claire bear, let's go," I say and Embry helps me up before making our way outside, Seth and Quil following behind us. Paul, Jared and Leah went off to spend alone time with their imprints. Lastly poor Jake still wasn't back from running away after getting Bella's wedding invitation. Billy was so worried and missing posters had be posted all over town. I hoped he came back soon we were all worried about him.

Embry and I were walking hand in hand across the sand with Claire running ahead of us, wanting Quil to chase after her. Seth fell into step with us as Quil began running after his imprint, we all started laughing watching the two imprints being adorable.

"Hey what's that stranded on the beach up there?" Seth asks bringing us to stop laughing and look to where he was pointing.

Focusing my eyes I looked where he was pointing and saw something magical. It was a mermaid with fair skin, blue hair and a green tail. She was breathtaking, I hadn't seen a mermaid before so now I knew they were in fact real. She seemed to be stranded on the beach, luckily no one was here besides us, so we should help her.

"I can't believe it. It's a mermaid and I think she needs help," I say and we all rushed over, well I more like waddled over because I'm hella pregnant. Once she saw us she tried to hide behind a rock, probably scared of humans and what they might do to her if she was discovered.

"Hey it's alright, we're supernatural creatures like you. I'm a witch and the guys are wolf shifters. We mean you no harm, we just want to help you," I say calmly showing her that we came in peace.

She poked her head out from behind the rock meaning that she understood English and offered us a small cautious smile. "I'm Seth, this is Nyarah and Embry. Over there is Claire and Quil. Can you tell us your name?" Seth says smiling back at her.

"Aquaria," she says before looking at me "You are with child," she continued, placing her hand on my stomach. Which was fine because she seemed harmless.

"Yeah I'll be giving birth any day now, hopefully I can get through my friends wedding before that though," I say just as Emileah kicked hard and Embry rubbed his side.

"Ow, babe how do you put up with all that kicking, it hurts," he exclaims causing me to shake my head.

"You're connected?" Aquaria asks and we both nod "Us mermaids are taught about the other supernatural beings on earth, we find it interesting about how witches have soulmates. It's truly magical," as she finished talking Claire came running over and gasped when she saw Aquaria.

"Quil lookie a mermaid," she says as Quil stepped into place beside her before looking at the young mermaid in front of us, his eyes widening.

"You didn't create mermaids too do you Cupcake?" He asks with a confusing look but I managed to laugh and shake my head.

"Nope just you guys and Vampires. I had no idea they existed until right now," I confirmed as Claire began playing with Aquaria's hair. The mermaid laughed bringing the little girl into her arms.

"She's lovely," she says admiring the human girl, right as Quil says "Wait you created vampires?" And I gave him the I'll explain later look before turning back to Claire.

"Nyrah I can't wait to tell everyone I saw a mermaid," Claire says clapping her hands, she knows not to tell anyone outside of the pack and their imprints but I made sure to remind her.

"Just the pack though and their imprints but nobody else alright. If word got out that mermaids are real, then people might try to harm Aquaria or her family," I say with a small warning look and she nods.

"I pwomise," she says before standing up and walking back over to Quil, who picked her up and placed her down on his shoulders so that she could feel tall.

"Do you need help getting back into the ocean?" Seth asks wanting to make sure that she was alright. He had such a kind caring heart, always wanting to put others before himself to make sure everyone was happy. I can't wait for him to find his imprint.

"That would be lovely," she says and Seth picked her up bridal style before walking into the water, he stopped when he was about waist deep before setting her down. She thanked him by kissing his cheek, waved to us before diving back down into the depths of the water, probably excited to tell her family about her encounter with the supernatural beings they grew up learning about. I hope we saw her again.

Seth came back and we all make our way back towards Emily's. Claire and the boys went back inside to tell everyone about the nice mermaid we just met. However I was exhausted so Embry told his mom that he was staying the night at my place and we both went to sleep as soon as we entered the bed. I needed a nice sleep to be rested for tomorrow because I had to meet Alice at her house early to help with setting everything up. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow..........