Chapter 41

I woke up the next morning to Embry slightly shaking me. Slowly I opened my eyes and saw his handsome face staring down at me, a smile on his face. "Come love I've got a surprise for you," he says helping me get up. We made our way downstairs, he picked me up bridal style so I didn't have to struggle on the stairs. Embry brought us into the kitchen where the whole pack was surrounding someone.

When they saw us enter, Embry set me down and wrapped his arm around my waist. The guys all looked at me with bright smiles, Leah was standing to the side with her head on Zanders shoulder. The ring on her finger gleamed in the sunlight seeping in through the window. The boys moved, revealing the person in the center and I couldn't stop the smile from growing.

"JAKE!!" I yelled before running over and flinging my arms around my best friend. I hadn't seen him in weeks and it was worrying everyone. The pack couldn't hear him through the mind link, that's how far away he was. But he's back now which was great, this day will only get better.

"Oof, my god Nye you look like you're about to give birth any day now," he chuckles quickly returning my hug, being careful not to hurt me.

"Yeah, I can't wait. It'll be great to hold her in person and finally do magic again. As well as walking down the stairs without getting winded," I say pulling out of the hug and glancing up at him. "Your hair is longer," I say reaching up and messing it up causing everyone to laugh.

"Well you guys can catch up later because Alice has been calling you nonstop love," Embry says kissing my temple and motioning me towards the door. I glanced over at Seth and Zander giving them a wave.

"I'll see you guys soon," I say before I'm lead through the door and hoisted up into the cab of my truck, Embry gets into the driver's side and we begin the drive to the Cullen's house.

"I hope you guys don't do anything stupid while the wedding is taking place," I say gazing over at him and he smirks casting a quick glance at me. I saw a mischievous twinkle in his brown eyes.

"As long as the vampires behave then we won't interfere, besides you know we won't do anything stupid that could unveil our secret," he says but I couldn't help but laugh.

"Have you met Paul and Jared?" I asked because we both knew they were the most tempered ones in the pack and often do stupid stuff.

"Sam will keep them in line love. Nothing bad is going to happen," he says squeezing my hand. Soon we pulled up to the house. "Damn Alice went all out," he says before helping me out of the truck.

"Yeah that's Alice for you, I'll see you after the wedding babe," I say pulling him in for a kiss, it lasted a few seconds before we pulled away and he got back into the truck and drove off down the drive while I made my way to the door. Which opened before I could even knock.

"Nye thank goodness I need your help," Alice says when I came into view. She was skipping as she lead me into the kitchen where all the food was being prepared by Esme and Rose. It all smelled lovely and made my mouth water, reminding me that I hadn't eaten breakfast yet.

"What can I do for you Alice?" I asked hoping everything was going to plan. Alice and I put alot of time into making sure Bella's wedding for memorable for her and sideburns as well as all the guests. So I wanted everything to go smoothly just as much as Alice did.

"Can you taste test the food please, we would but you know we don't find the taste enjoyable anymore," she says before rushing off to another part of the house. I laughed at how antsy she was getting, more so than usual.

"She's been like that all night you know," Rose says as we heard Alice giving orders to Jasper and Emmett from across the house.

"She's more nervous than Bella, which by the way Edward snuck over to Bella's last night didn't he?" I asked and the two women nodded before going back to what they were making.Every so often a small dish was placed in front of me to taste. Each dish was very delicious and cooked to perfection, it was amazing and satisfied my hungry self and my baby.

"You guys are just as good at cooking as Emily is. I'm sure everyone is going to love it, and you won't have to worry about left overs because Zander and Seth eat alot, though make sure everyone gets a piece of cake because it's Zanders weakness. He loves cake," I informed causing Esme to smile.

"I wish everyone could be as kind as you are Nyarah. Most people are quick to judge others but you see the beauty that's present on the inside," she says placing the last bit of icing on the cake which made me think of how Edward was going to pull off fake eating a piece when they went to cut the cake.

I smiled brightly back at her "When you've been around as long as I have, then you learn that personalities are what really define a person. Yes you may be a vampire and have a craving for blood but it doesn't make you a monster. How you choose to satisfy that hunger tells me all I need to know. The fact that you wanted to coexist with humans and not hurt them, tells me that you're all kind, amazing people who choose not to live up to the stereotypes that were used to identify your kind. I find that very admirable," I say and was soon engulfed into a group hug by everyone. This day was going to be a great one, can't wait for the wedding later on......